999 MAIN STREET • ANY TOWN, NY 99999
09/2008 – 05/2010 – ABC Inc. – Any Town, NY
Windows Systems Administrator
- the seamless installation of Windows 2000 Advanced Server and Windows 2003 at data centers with over 500+ servers, during a short work window resulting in little to no downtime for the customer.
- Supported over 500+ servers, running Windows NT4, Win 2000 & 2000 Advance Server & Windows 2003 operating systems.
- Managed troubleshooting and maintained Compaq, HP hardware.
- Assisted in the installation and ordering of VeriSign SSL keys.
- Provided 24-7 on call support for the 500+ servers.
- Led in many data center relocations. Managed the moving of the server infrastructure which includes getting shipping quotes and delivery dates, coordinated the Sys Admin resources to build servers, and worked with other teams to validate the servers infrastructure was put back into service.
- Proactively monitored and respond to remedy tickets within service level agreement.
- Supported Active Directory in the QA and Corporate infrastructure.
03/2006 – 06/2008 – XYZ Corp. – Any Town, NY
Windows Administrator (Contractor)
- Converting physical machines into Virtual Machines using VM Converter.
- Packaging updates and code and pushing to the servers in the Citrix farm.
- Maintaining a Citrix farm in Citrix 4.5.
- Work with customers on issues regarding XYZ’s proprietary .
- Changing Farms on a Citrix Server.
- Use of App sense Management Suite to monitor performance of the domain.
- Take part in quarterly disaster recovery test.
- Created Resolution Documents for issues that arose.
- Created documents for processes.
04/2005 – 03/2006 – BCD Inc. – Any Town, NY
- Provided network, hardware and software support for 300 end users on a Microsoft Windows XP Professional network.
- Installed and configured and administered Microsoft Windows 2003 Server.
- Resolved software problems via desk side and remote assisting software Go To Assist Express.
- Perform analysis of user problem ticket activity and propose recommendations aimed at helping to increase user knowledge and understanding giving them the ability to help resolve problems themselves.
- Installations, patch applications and upgrades for Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Office 2007, Microsoft Office for MAC and MAC OS X.
- Provide support staff with feedback on technical problems and user experiences.
- Responsible for adding new users to the Network, and coordinate and process request for removing users from the Domain.
- Configure and troubleshoot VPN connections.
- Performed virus and aware removal using Mac Afee Anti virus and Mal ware Bytes.
- Troubleshoot hardwired and wireless network connection issues. Create, troubleshoot and administer user accounts in Microsoft Exchange 2003.
- Enforced group policies using Active Directory.
- rights to different applications in Active Directory.
- Outlook 2003 email configuration and SIP windows messenger support and updates. Install, troubleshoot and provide support for Blackberry Hand held, Desktop software and Hand held Software.
1998 – 2004 University of California, San Diego
- Electrical Engineering, Mathematics