Any Town, NY
Technical Executive offering over 10 years of system design, implementation, requirement analysis, system development, UNIX administration, Network Administration, and financial market data Infrastructure. Full Life-Cycle understanding of Network and Systems infrastructure and Architecture.
as a perceptive Technical Engineer with strengths in strong customer relations, and imparting product knowledge internally and externally in a comprehensive manner. Goal and Team oriented thorough knowledge of support, and implementation of Market Data Technology, Firewalls, senior level UNIX Administration, and Networking and Security products. Exceptional Problem Resolution, Client Relation, and Technology Management skills. Ability to build team cohesion and inspire colleagues to higher achievement. Great vendor relation skills. Excellent presentation, training, and mentoring skills, Team leadership.
Clearance Type: Top Secret
Investigation Type: SSBI
Expired: July 2009
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
UNIX Systems: UNIX Solaris 2.4 – 2.10, Windows NT and 2003 servers, NIS, NIS+, NFS, DNS, Send mail, SUN Workshop products, Legato Net worker Products, VERITAS (Volume Manager), VERITAS SRVM VERITAS Clustering, SUN ODS, Raptor Firewalls Check Point Firewall, Qualix HA, TIBCO, Solstice Enterprise, AIX 4.1.4 – 4.3.1, HTML, PERL, SQL, Oracle, Sybase, E10k Certified, IBM MQ Series, Web logic Suite , Netback up, Remedy
Network Systems:Tivoli, Spectrum, Object Store, Orbix, Rational Rose, MAKE Systems, CISCO Routers, 3COM Routers and IBM Routers, Net cool and HP Open view
Market Data Technologies: Open Bloom berg, Reuters Data Products, Thompson, PreBon,
ABC Inc., UNIX System Administration, October 2009 – January 2010
- Installed, configured and supported UNIX and Linux file and application servers.
- Architected and administered NIS directory service protocol to centralize user account and host information for the Engineering Linux environment.
- Drafted documentation of all configurations and installations, as well as user-support documents, policies, procedures and customer audits for the IT department.
- Responsible for 24 and 7 up time and monitoring of 100 enterprise class Linux and Windows servers.
- Configured, installed, and monitored layer 3 switches, including VLANS for corporate use.
- Installed, configured and supported VPN devices and routers for user remote access as well as site-to-site connectivity.
- Designed and deployed a policy and configuration management system.
- Installed, configured and supported 32 and 64-bit Red Hat Linux workstations and servers.
- Installed and configured Solaris UNIX workstations and servers.
- Designed, configured, and supported BIND DNS and DHCP services.
- Installed and configured Windows servers, laptops, and desktops, including Active Directory, Terminal Services, file sharing, and permissions
- Responsible for Linux and Windows administration and support, including scripting of various tasks to streamline administrative functions and automate system management.
- Researched, selected, and deployed open source Knowledge Tree Document Management System to manage corporate documents, work flow, and collaboration.
- Researched, selected, and deployed corporate Wiki software to allow for collaboration.
- Participated in the interview, selection process, and management of new employees and contractors.
- Developed and supported a remote access X Window solution using Linux remote access servers.
- Configured a secure internal SMTP relay to address engineering application needs.
- Installed, configured and monitored network devices and links, to ensure the highest level of availability.
XYZ Corp., UNIX System Administrator and Configuration Manager, October 2008–February 2009
- Administrate SUN SPARC servers running Solaris 9,weblogic 8.1 and oracle 9.2, Solaris volume manager, VERITAS cluster server, file system and volume manager,
- Managing Windows 2003 servers running Business Objects 6.5 and Netback up 5.1
- Manage netapp FAS270C NAS filer and Quantum M1500 tape library, Cisco Catalyst 3550 switches, VLAN.
- Manage over 500 netra workstation, Talk Master VoIP system, and axis video server network.
- In charge of cvs, svn development code management on Linux (Suse, Redhat) platforms.
- In charge of development building and deployment.
BCD Inc., UNIX System Administration, May 2008-August 2008
- Working as a Unix Administrator on approx 1500+ servers.
- Interacted with all other support teams in support of the UNIX Midrange account.
- Working on system OS changes, upgrades, patches as needed. Problem and Change management.
- security vulnerabilities via server audits and performed the necessary updates.
- Unix Server building activities using Solaris-10.
EDUCATION AND SPECIALIZED TRAINING
- Solaris 8 2001
- Checkpoint Firewall Administration 2004
- Yale University1985-1987 – Computer Science Engineering