P.O. Box 999999
Any Town, NY 99999-9999
999-999-9999 or 999-999-9999
Toa challenging position that would best utilize my expertise as a UNIX Administrator and build upon my experience as a Database Administrator which involves coordination upgrades and server support for different departments.
UNIX Systems Administrator and Linux Administrator 03/2008-11/2009
ABC Inc. Any Town, NY
- Responsible for UNIX Servers in Test, Development and Production environment.
- Responsible for Data Protector Backups of Servers.
- Responsible for hardware and operating system installations, patches, maintenance, and tuning.
- Work with developers on maintaining Database.
- Responsible for Systems Administration for Web servers running Red hat Linux.
- Creating accounts for Unix and Linux using NIS+.
- Responsible for moving new code into production.
- Responsible for Tape Management for off site.
UNIX Team Leader and Storage Administrator 10/2007-01/2008
XYZ Corp. Any Town, NY
- Responsible for configuring, maintaining and supporting UNIX servers.
- Supported and configured storage arrays for Tier 1 and Tier 2 .
- Responsible for the local establish, split and restore operations of Business Continuity Volumes for use on production and development systems.
- Build, configure and deploy servers for Oracle RAC environment.
UNIX Systems Administrator 03/2006-11/2007
BCD Inc. Any Town, NY
- System Administration and Support of UNIX AIX and Linux servers. Responsibility included administration of LPAR, LVM and SAN Operation System. Linux Fedora and Red Hat email administration, user account and system backup and recovery.
- Administration and monitoring of Linux email servers running Postfix, Cyrus IMAP, Spam Assassin, and GNU Mailman as well as email domain. Administrate email accounts, mail lists and mailboxes.
- Maintain server configurations and adding user accounts in Windows Active directory. Provide second level user support, Maintain documentation in support of email use and troubleshooting, provide after-hours monitoring and support of email system. Participate in email migrations and upgrades.
- Evaluated new systems technologies and effect on the operating environment, ensuring information security, information assurance policies, principles, and practices are an integral and fully incorporated component of the AIX, Linux, Windows operating environment and provided technical support to Help Desk.
- and maintain basic scripts for statistics gathering and analysis, task automation and system monitoring. Participate in root-cause analysis of recurring issues, system backup and security setup. Maintained Oracle databases as well as user’s file systems and system documentation.
Columbia University Certificate Computer Operations
Cornell University Business Administration Courses