999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999, firstname.lastname@example.org, 999-999-9999
UNIX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Systems Administrator Subject Matter Expert (SME) with over 10 years of specialized skills working with Sun Solaris, HP-UX, Red Hat, Fedora and SUSE Linux, Network Appliance (Net App) Network Attached Storage (NAS), Storage Area Networks (SAN), Oracle and My SQL Databases, Apache Web Servers, Cisco Networking and Security Products.
SYSTEM PERFORMANCE: Planned and directed the implementation of and tuned, customized and maintained the UNIX servers that increased engineering productivity nearly 3 times and increased Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application availability from 95% to 99.99%.
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION: Systems Administrator skilled in design, implementation, configuration, maintenance, management of a heterogeneous multi-tier, multi-site environment consisting of leading Unix, Linux, Database, Web, Local Area (LAN) and Wide Area (WAN) Network technologies
TECHNICAL SKILLS SUMMARY
- Platforms: Sun Solaris (7, 8, 9, 10), HP-UX (11.00, 11.11) and Linux (Red hat RHEL 5, Fedora 9, 10, 11, open SUSE 11, CentOS 5).
- Hardware: Sun SPARC, Hewlett-Packard (HP) PA-RISC, Network Appliance (Net App), Cisco Switches (2950, 3750, 4006, 5000), Cisco Security Devices, Routers (PIX 506,515E and ASA 5510), Brocade Silkworm 2400.
- Databases: Oracle7, Oracle8, Oracle 9i, Oracle10g, Oracle 11i, MySQL.
- Utilities: NFS (autofs), NIS, NIS+, DNS, TCP, IP, SSH, FTPD, SFTPD, HTTP, LVM (HP-VERITAS), Apache, Send mail (SMTP), VMware Server, VPN, SCCS, SVN, HP Omni Back (Data Protector), Mirror Disk, UX, Online JFS, Glance Plus, iptables, zabbix, rpm, yum, projadd, projmod, svcadm, svcs, ipfilter, sed, awk.
- Storage: Storage Area Networks (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), RAID, Fiber Channel (FC), Brocade FC Switch, Logical Volume Manager (LVM), HP FC Disk Arrays, Common Internet File System (CIFS), Samba, raidctl.
- Other: Microsoft (MS) Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Visio, GroupWise.
ABC Inc. – Any Town, NY 05/2009 – 11/2009
- Designed and documented the migration of servers to include applications and databases.
- Assisted in a server upgrade project (Solaris 2.7 to 2.8).
- Documenting server configurations and operation procedures.
XYZ Corp. – Any Town, NY 08/2006 – 12/2008
Sr. UNIX Backup Systems Administrator
- DAS Storage hardware support.
- With the deployment of automation and reporting systems was able to reduce staff requirements.
- Also coordinated database backup and recovery for Informix, Oracle, and MS SQL with DBA team using a combination of disk-to-disk, disk-to-NAS, and disk-to-tape backup methods.
- Deployed, managed, and supported Net backup 5.0, Solaris for over 80 Solaris, Linux, Windows NT, 2000 and 2003 servers.
- Managed and Supported High Availability Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x and 5.x servers hosting , Informix, and Tidal Enterprise Scheduler in a 24 x 7 operation.
- Managed and supported Solaris 8, 9, and 10 systems running high availability Oracle, Web logic 6.1, and various internal applications in a 24 x 7 operation.
- Managed and supported Free BSD 5.4, 6.0 and Solaris 10 Send mail MTA (mail transfer agent) relays.
- Direct oversight responsibility for enterprise backup platforms while personally managing. Platforms included multiple Backup Exec 8.x, Backup Exec 10, and Net backup 5.0. Backup hardware included Sun L8 LT02, Exabyte Magnum LT03, and Overland Loader Express LT01, and Qualstar TLS-4440 libraries.
- Implemented and supported an automated systems and patch management solution for UNIX servers utilizing SSH keys and scripts. The system could push out patches and generate system reports.
- Deployed and supported a monitoring and reporting platforms.
- Provided on-site and remote management for hot failover.
BCD Inc. – Any Town, NY 012/2004 – 06/2006
UNIX Systems Administrator
- Configuration of NIM, network protocols (DNS, NFS), and system security (sudo, ssh); managing Logical Partioning’s (LPARs), VIO, including HMC for IBM Power 5.
- Exposure to Oracle, Web application, NIS, Volume Manager and other related UNIX tools; installing and managing IBM AIX 5.x on IBM Pseries systems.
- Deployment of a large-scale Storage Manager on multiple platforms, including AIX 5.x, Windows 2000; policy management, storage pool configuration and maintenance.
- Monitoring server activity logs, database and log usage, growth and volume status, disk storage pool volumes and tape scratch pool count.
- clients including Lotus Notes, and Oracle TDP clients, LAN free, NDMP; backup scheduling, client option set creation and maintenance, restore and Archival operations.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Certifications – Techs skills, Dallas, TX
- A.S. Drafting and Design Technology – Duke University
- Computer Science Coursework – Cornell University
Linux – Completed 07-2005
SQL: Oracle 9i SQL – Completed 12-2006
OCA: Oracle 10g Certified Associate 07-2007
OCP DBA: Oracle 10g Certified Professional Database Administrator 08-2008