999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999
Email: [email protected] yahoo.com
- An DBA with over 10 years of hands-on experience on Oracle 11g, 10g, 9i, 8i and 7.x DBMS on UNIX and Windows platforms. The experience has included the database design, installation, RMAN, performance tuning and maintenance of Oracle database.
- Cooperative team member with strong communication skills and hardworking ethics.
- Self-motivated quick learner with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
ABC Inc. Any Town, NY
Oracle Database Administrator 6/2008 to Present
- Performed database support, installation, upgrades, & patching of Oracle Software.
- Created databases, designed, maintained security, planned, tested and implemented application recovery.
- Responsible for performance tuning of applications & databases. This entailed gathering, analyzing data (explain plan, auto trace, utlbstat and utlestat), testing, presenting recommendations & implementing solutions.
- Researched new Oracle8i functionality, developed, administered test plan, compiled results, & recommended functionality to be implemented in Oracle8i applications.
- Participated in planning, coordination, & testing for Corporate Disaster Recovery Tests.
- Participated in the planning, scheduling, testing & implementation of Y2K compliant database and application software. Worked with Application Development, Operations Staff, and Systems Administration groups to the successful implementation into all Test & Production environments.
XYZ Corp. Any Town, NY
Oracle Database Administrator 4/2007 to 6/2008
- Performed systems administration tasks for NT Server 4.0 and database administration for MS SQL Server 6.5.
- Designed and developed all aspects of client reporting functionality. This included: database modeling and design (SQL Server 6.5), development of stored procedures, triggers and reporting with Crystal Reports.
- Drove the design and development of a web based database application for tracking progress of new releases, enhancements and bug fixes.
- Planned and delivered a web application to access patient information, utilizing Front Page 98, CSS, DHTML, VB Script.
BCD Inc. Any Town, NY
Oracle Database Administrator 6/2003 to 4/2007
- Implemented high available systems and databases utilizing Cluster Server, Oracle, RMAN, Standby, and replication solutions. Automated tasks developed in UNIX Shell Scripts, SQL and PL and SQL.
- and tuned E-commerce systems and databases; Advanced Sun Enterprise class hardware value; installed and configured system to maximize user value.
Ohio State University, Columbus
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering 1990
M.S. in Computer Science 1997
- Operating Systems: UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX, IBM-AIX, Linux), WINDOWS (NT, 2000, XP).
- Database Tools: OEM, TOAD, Export & Import, SQL Loader, Oracle SQL*Plus
- Languages: ORACLE SQL, PL, SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting