999 Main Street,
Any Town, NY 99999
Cellular (999) 999-9999
IT professional looking to secure a position that will allow me to continue to develop the skills and knowledge that I have obtained through education, experience.
ABC Inc. Any Town, NY
Oracle Database Administrator 02/26/2007 to 05/07/2010
- in development and serving as a technical consultant in client projects.
- Implement oracle replication database servers (Master & Master, Master, Slave and Basic Replication.).
- Performance monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting Master and Master replication databases.
- Architect, implement and configure Oracle data warehouse database for customer. Performed database migration and upgrade.
- Implement and configure oracle 8-8i OLTP databases.
- Implement, monitor and trouble shoot oracle standby databases.
- Install and configure Oracle fail safe database in NT cluster environment.
- Install and configure MS SQL 7 and MS SQL 2000 cluster database. Upgrade MS SQL 7 cluster to MS SQL 2000 cluster.
- Implement and configure Sybase 11.9.2 adaptive server in VERITAS environment, and provide ongoing day to day database support.
- Monthly recurring task: Performance monitoring and tuning for production oracle databases. Responsibility including: Performing all oracle 8-8i database administration functions: monitoring, tuning, backup & recovery, developer support, applying patches; Automate scripts for hot backup, export & import, analyze database object, database start up and shutdown.
- Implement, configure and trouble shoot Web logic Cluster and LDAP replication system.
XYZ Corp. Any Town, NY
Oracle Database Administrator 10/16/2006 to 12/31/2006
- Managed the running, backing up, and data integrity of multiple Oracle 9i, Oracle 10g, SQLSERVER2005, and SQLSERVER2008 databases.
- Improved functions of computer systems to better maintain company’s assets, equipment, and the work force needed to handle the labor thereof.
- Established procedures and spearheaded efforts to increase accuracy and usability of company’s systems that track locations and work done therein.
- Maintained usability and data integrity within applications and databases to fit business requirements and adapted system designs to meet the needs of the company.
- Installed and developed reporting applications for use by all levels and branches of the company as well as directly developing accurate and detailed reports with said applications to be used for reporting obligations for the company, and providing information for management review.
- Improved working relationships between Management Information Systems Department and other departments throughout the company, ensuring business needs were being met more accurately, more efficiently, and in a timely manner.
- Through self motivation and self management, located and corrected thousands of procedural and data inconsistencies and errors, in addition to finding and improving areas of inefficiency within the department and the company.
BCD Inc. Any Town, NY
Oracle Database Administrator 06/07/2006 to 10/11/2006
- Database software installation, patch and upgrade to development, test and production servers.
- Database instance and schema creation utilizing DBCA, manual script, migration, archive, restoration.
- Provide remote database support for users using SSH and terminal services.
- Configure, run AWR and ADDM to tune the database for performance.
- Upgrade Oracle database and Oracle on UNIX, LINUX and WINDOWS servers.
- Create databases, configuring them to meet developer and user requirements.
- Use the range, list and hash partitioning keys to partitioning large tables.
- Tune database to ensure acceptable level of performance and availability.
- Create tables and views for developer and client needs.
- Manage and maintain the data dictionaries.
- Perform daily incremental backup and full weekly backup using Oracle backup utility RMAN.
- Monitor database activity and file usage, and ensures necessary resources are present so that databases function properly by removing or deleting old or obsolete files.
- in Database Conversions from MS-SQL Server to Oracle or Sybase to Oracle.
Oracle Database Administration Master Certificate Program, Rice University
Master of Science, Computer Science, University of Iowa
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Brown University
- Operating Systems: Windows 95-98, XP, Server 2003, Red Hat Linux, IBM AIX, HP
- Databases: Oracle 8I, 9I, 10G & 11G, MS SQL Server, MS Access
- Languages: Structured Query Language (SQL), and PL, SQL. Working
Knowledge of .NET, ASP, and Visual Basic
- Training: PMP & Oracle