999MAIN STREET,ANY TOWN,NY 99999 • CELL PHONE 999-999-9999 • E-MAIL EMAIL@GMAIL.COM
- knowledge of Windows 2000 and XP and Vista
- Moderate knowledge of Mac OS 7.5.5 – 10.3
- Moderate knowledge of UNIX
- Advanced knowledge of MS-DOS
- Moderate knowledge of Windows Mobile 5.0 and 6.5
- Moderate knowledge of Windows Server 2003
August 2004 – Present ABC Inc Any Town, NY
System Administrator and Security Administrator
- Managed and maintained high-risk Windows and Linux servers for Level 1 Merchant according to PCI security standards.
- Supported office Network, Mac clients and Servers along with printers and faxes.
- Suggested, created and implemented File maker databases (CRM, Employee Management) to increase productivity and efficiency. Provided training to employees.
- 24/7 on call support for dozens of Servers in a Data Center.
- Upgraded infrastructure – Replaced aging Servers with new machines.
- Provided Linux support to Developers.
- Reported to CEO.
May 2003 – August 2004 XYZ Corp Any Town, NY
- Managed 200+ VMware virtual machine farm for QA and Engineering departments.
- Managed 300+ Red Hat Linux servers for QA and Engineering departments.
- Managed 500+ Red Hat Linux servers for production .
- Provided 24×7 Network Operations Center support for broadcast product.
- Implemented and managed ticketing systems.
- Administered Applications Manager and Ground works monitoring solutions.
- Provided secondary administration support for various network appliances including Cisco switches & firewalls, F5 load balancers, and Net Screen firewalls.
February 2002 – May 2003 BCD Inc Any Town, NY
Systems Administrator and Active State/Perl Programmer
- Cisco – Setup New Access Points, Routers, Pix, Switches, Install Cisco VPN Clients.
- Linux Red Hat and Ubuntu (NIS) and Active State and Perl Programmer.
- Windows XP, 2003, 2008, Vista, and Windows 7.
- Repair and Replace HP Printers, Dell Servers, LENOVO and MAC and DELL Laptops and Desktops. Monitor Liebert UPS Backup Power. New Purchase Dell Server with RAID 5 and RAID 1. Replace Quantum Tape Backup Device. Backup MAC to NAS Time Machine.
- Testing and Planning IT Project: VMware ESXi, Hyper-V, Dell SAN Servers and Switches, and Windows 7.
EDUCATION and TRAINING
in Business Administration with concentration in Information Securities, New York University, New York, NY– August 2010
Bachelor of Science – Computer Information Systems California Institute of Technology
California – October 1999