999 Main Street • Any Town, NY • Home (999) 999-9999 • Cell (999) 999-9999 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Toa position in the field of Information Technology where my problem solving and technical skills can be effectively utilized to improve and support company operations.
Over 10 years of progressive experience in the field of Information Technology which include skills in the following areas: Linux and UNIX, Microsoft Windows 2000 & 2003 and Novell Netware system administration, local and wide area network support, electronic messaging support, software and hardware support, desktop support, training and technical writing. Reliable self-starter with the ability to plan, design, implement, and manage small, medium, and large systems. Possess excellent written, oral communication, presentation, problem resolution, and customer service skills.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Novell Certified Netware Administrator (CNA)
- Oracle 9i Database Administration,
- Introduction to SQL (Oracle)
- Introduction to Unix,
- Instructional Techniques Workshop
- VMware 3.5 and VMware vSphere
- SUSE 9.x and 10.x, Tru64 Unix v4.0& 5.x, Red Hat Linux 9, Fedora Core 2 & 4, Solaris 2.6, 2.7 & 2.8, BSD & FreeBSD Unix
- Microsoft Windows NT 3.51, 4.0, Windows 2000, 2003 and XP, Microsoft Terminal Server and Citrix
- Novell NetWare 4.x and 5.x, Directory Services v4.4
- Oracle 8i, 9i, SQL, iSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL 4.x & 5
- Sidewinder v5.1, Netscape LDAP, ARCserve 6.x and Legato Networker v6.01,
- GroupWise 4 and 5.x, and GroupWise WebAccess
- Microsoft Exchange 5.5, 2000 and 2003
- Sendmail v8.10, Microsoft Outlook 97, 2000 and 2003
- McAfee Anti-Virus and Sophos
- Lotus cc:Mail v2.21, v6.1 and cc:Mobile 3.0
- Computer Accounting with Peachtree Complete 2004, release 11.0
- Email Shuttle Mail Migration Tool, Samba, Apache 1.x and 2.0, and Apache Tomcat
- Sun Ultra SPARC and Intel based processor platforms
- Including Compaq, Dell and HP
- Ethernet Networks
- Repeaters and Cabletron Hubs
- Cisco Routers 2500 Series
- HP Proliant DL 360, 380 – G3s & G4
- Shell Scripting
ABC Inc May 2009 to Present
Linux/Unix System Administrator
- Install Red hat enterprise Linux 5.4 on Hp and IBM servers.
- Install and configure red hat enterprise desktop Linux 5.4 on HP workstation.
- Configuring and creating luns on HP EVA 4400 and 8100 and also establishing zones.
- Creating partitions on the EVA 4400 using Linux volume Manager (LVM) to create disk space.
- Working with developers to load software onto Linux Enterprise servers and also debugging Scripts.
- Created comprehensive user documentation as well as training for both clients and support staff.
- Establishing channel bonding on the Red hat Linux enterprise Desktop and servers for networking and of the nic cards.
- Install and configure Red hat Linux cluster suite using Conga and VERITAS cluster on HP DL360R0G g6 servers for failover purposes.
XYZ Corp May 2007 to May 2009
- Troubleshooting issues in a Red Hat Linux Enterprise and HP-UX environment that affected the customer’s deadlines and productivity.
- Provided backup and restore solutions to the internal engineering environment.
- Utilized HP-UX Logical Volume Manager tools to maintain data storage and disk space requirements.
- Successfully resolved over 500 customer issues ranging from machine failure to operating systems issues affecting the engineering staff in a one-year period.
- Completed over 500 hardware and software upgrades as requested and approved.
- As part of the technical computing team, I worked with applications developers and other engineers to create innovative solutions for customer problems.
- Successful upgrades of the Red Hat operating system on over 100 workstations and computer servers in the enterprise environment.
- Maintained customer accounts and access to the compute environment.
BCD Inc June 2006 to January 2007
- Working knowledge of C, C++, Modula 2, PASCAL, FORTRAN, Basic, HTML, Perl and php scripting.
- Database Knowledge with MYSQL with queries, reports and database optimization, backup and recovery.
- Working knowledge of TCP and IP, IP Management, BGP, OSPF, RIP protocols.
- Extensive experience with Ethernet Switches and Hubs, Router experience with Cisco, Cabletron and Enterasys Routers, and Mikrotik Routers and 3com Terminal Servers.
- experience building my own PC’s, gaming experience with said platforms above and the ability to adapt and learn different computer languages.
- B.S. in Information Systems Management. University of California, San Francisco.
- A.A. in Computer Technology.