999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999
, results-oriented Information Technology Professional with an outstanding track record of technical and academic experience, including several key certifications. Master of Business Administration, Technology Management. Exceptional customer service and support experience with excellent communication, teamwork, problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills. Ability to troubleshoot, identify and clearly understand root causes of issues and develop optimized solutions. 10+ years of network and telecommunications experience. Adept at following organization protocol and maintaining corporate standards to provide the highest level of speed, reliability, and efficiency while keeping downtime at a minimum. Willing to relocate and to travel.
- Hardware: IBM, Dell, HP
- Networking Technologies: LAN, DHCP, TCP, IP, DNS
- Platforms: Windows, UNIX
- Applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Page Maker
- Microsoft Certified System Analyst (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), 2006
ABC INC., Any Town, NY 2008 – Present
LAN Administrator (2008 – Present)
- Setup, installation, maintenance and administration of 50+ Windows servers at all levels including hardware support, troubleshooting RAID setup and maintenance, and operating system support.
- Implementation of Server backup system utilizing IBM Tape Library and Symantec Backup Exec. This includes development and implementation of Disaster Recovery system and tape management and rotation system.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Cisco edge switches for corporate LAN using various models. Duties include IOS upgrades, VLAN configuration and port assignments, backup of switch configurations, etc.
- Administration of VPN authentication system utilizing RSA (Secured). Distribution, maintenance and administration of tokens for remote user access.
- Development, testing, documentation and delivering of QA procedures for deployment of all systems adhering to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) standard.
- Implementation of SYSLOG monitoring and reporting system with third party vendor software. Data capture from Cisco PIX Firewall systems and generating reports based upon Sarbanes-Oxley standards.
- Installation, configuration and implementation of redundant internet mail spam system.
- Data Center network infrastructure cabling (Cat5, Cat6, etc).
- Network troubleshooting.
XYZ CORP., Any Town, NY 2001 – 2008
LAN Administrator (2001 – 2008)
- Install and move servers and storage equipment.
- Install and configure servers, as well as perform maintenance and troubleshooting of servers.
- Perform routine system administration tasks including backups and file restores, account installation and deletion, Server installation, and operating system upgrades.
- Proactively administer and maintain a highly available server farm used in a production environment for multiple business critical applications.
- Apply all security patches as needed to maintain a secure environment.
- Perform monthly and quarterly audits on servers.
- Manage and monitor storage array volumes and direct-attached storage.
- Provide first-level and second level server troubleshooting and response.
- Install Host Bus Adaptors for storage environments.
- Install post-OS required software.
- Manage tape libraries, backup agents and associated software.
BCD INC., Any Town, NY 1995 – 2001
LAN Administrator (1995 – 2001)
- Install and configure new LAN servers and user workstations.
- Setup and technical support for Net meetings.
- Researching purchasing information on hardware and software acquisitions.
- Perform and manage regular backups.
- Provide technical documentation of the network infrastructure.
- Create tutorials in how to connect and safely work in the network environment.
- Manage users and provide user support in both hardware and software.
- Provide LAN management and troubleshooting assistance.
- Manage and assist with network security and virus prevention strategy.
- Maintain and update departmental computers with all necessary software and, or hardware.
- Troubleshoot software related issues as well as repair hardware problems.
- Tutor staff with fundamentals of computer operation.
- and archive confidential financial information.
UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH, PITTSBURGH,
Master of Business Administration, Technology Management, 2010
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS, AUSTIN
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Management, 2006
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, LOS ANGELES
Associate of Arts in Computer Business Systems, 2000
- Volunteer Fireman.