999 Main Street
Any Town, NY 99999
Home: (999) 999-9999
Seasoned IT professional with ten years of experience that includes a background in Systems Administration, Help Desk, and IS Management. Skills encompass an extensive knowledge of Windows based servers, desktops and laptops. Experience supervising multiple IT customer service personnel along with managing support tickets tracking
attributes include tenacious troubleshooting abilities in a variety of environments coupled with great customer service skills that include the ability to relate to users of all levels of experience.
- Ten years of experience with server, desktop, laptop, and printing systems troubleshooting and repair.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability recognize and address problems and concerns.
- Eager to learn and adapt to new software and technology.
- Broad administration experience across multiple platforms.
- Self-starter with experience to work independently.
- Proven record of reliability and responsibility.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and the ability to convert business requirements into technical execution.
ABC Inc. Any Town, NY February 2008 – July 2009
- Responsible for installation windows, office professional, installation of access points, wireless LAN cards.
- Wireless network administration, SQL admin, application support, windows updates, Microsoft Office applications, including familiarity with other common business and productivity applications (anti-virus, spy ware, etc.).
- Knowledge of network configuration and components (firewalls, routers, etc.), scheduled local maintenance, order purchasing.
- Support switches, support Cisco 2600, 2700 routers, 1700, 2900 series switches, SMTP, POP3, lotus calendar, domino server.
XYZ Corp. Any Town, NY May 2004 – February 2008
- Manage and maintain Local Area Network.
- Schedule and maintain daily backups for servers.
- Monitor Norton Corporate Anti-virus and deploy to client machines when needed.
- Designed and implemented new data and voip network.
- Perform daily maintenance of Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange environment.
- Design, configure, and maintain virtual environments.
- Manage and maintain security updates through Microsoft System Center Essentials.
BCD Inc. Any Town, NY August 2002 – July 2003
- Acted as main technology contact for the company.
- Integrated hardware, application and network infrastructure for 250 onsite and remote machines.
- Ensured constant access to data & compliance systems, while performing ongoing system upgrades, patching, moves and network design changes.
- University of California, San Francisco
- of Occupational Studies in Computer Systems and Network Technology, 2001
- Operating Systems: Windows (3.x, 9x, ME, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 2003), MS-DOS (3.3 – 6.22 ), Linux (Red Hat, Open Filer), Novell Net ware 5.1
- Hardware: Desktop PCs (Dell, Gateway, Compaq, HP, IBM), Laptop PCs (Dell, Toshiba, IBM, Compaq), Servers (Dell, Compaq, HP), 802.11bg Wireless Ethernet, Hand held Devices (Palm OS, Windows PDA, Blackberry), Printers (HP, Xerox)
- Software: Backup Exec for NT-Win2k, PC Anywhere, Exchange 5.5, 2003, Active Directory, WSUS, Symantec Ghost, MS Office (97, 2000, XP, 2003, 2007), VMware (ESXi), MS SQL Server 2000, Symantec Antivirus Server and Client, Inoculate Antivirus Software, VNC, Windows Remote Desktop, Citrix Client