999 Main Street, Any Town, NY – 99999
DOCUMENT CONTROL and PROCESS IMPROVEMENT MANAGEMENT position involving project coordination, Product Life cycle Management (PLM) administration, training, and quality compliance.
Eleven years of document control experience:
- and managed tight processes for product and quality documentation, Bill of Materials creation, and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) part number control in high-tech environments.
- Streamlined and simplified processes to remove duplication and inefficiencies. Established a lean, cross-trained and multi-disciplined DC team, using technology to reduce mundane tasks and data entry errors and free time to spend on higher value projects.
- Quality gatekeeper role extended to conducting numerous department internal audits and passing, retaining ISO accreditation.
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise and proprietary Product Data Management (PDM) systems allows for effective troubleshooting and planned process and technology improvements that address changing business needs while still meeting quality standards.
- Public relations consultant background allows quick adaptation to new industries and environments and learning “on the fly”. Solid verbal and written communications skills lend well to interpreting, writing and adhering to procedures; creating training materials, development project business requirements, news articles, and other documentation; and doing training.
- First-hand experience with a range of cultures (having lived and worked in few countries and traveled extensively) and being trilingual are advantageous in a diverse and global workplace and in a role that impacts and influences many departments and disciplines.
ABC INC, ANY TOWN, NY 2007 – Present
Document Control Specialist & Administrative Assistant
- Reproduced and distributed documentation to users and ensured that all users possessed the current revision of documents by maintaining distribution lists which involved over 5000 documents, prints, and drawings.
- Maintained the document control database for ISO9001 and ISO14001 compliance.
- Maintained all company quality records, audit results, reports, and files.
- Organized and maintained the company reference library and archive areas.
- Established procedures for and implemented the introduction of changes to engineering documents (ECNs) for assigned projects.
- Reviewed and analyzed released engineering change data and coordinated changes with engineering, quality, materials, and support.
- Updated procedures, policies, and bill of materials in the MRP system.
- Conducted internal process and systems audits with follow-up findings reports.
- Participated in external audits performed for compliance to ISO9001 and ISO14001 standards.
- Maintained piece part, material safety data sheets, new equipment, non-conformance, corrective action, and customer complaints databases.
- Assisted in various warehouse activities such as stock movement transactions in MRP system, breaking down incoming shipments, and picking work orders.
- Scheduled and maintained warehouse cycle counts.
XYZ CORP., ANY TOWN, NY 2005 – 2007
Administrator And Document Control Specialist
- Responsible for data management and document procurement in addition to general office and functions as Construction Management Administrator.
- Promoted to Assistant Lead Office Administrator assisting the Recovery Deputy Program Manager and Lead Office Administrator.
- Management and maintenance of electronic filing system for complex project documentation as Lead Document Control Specialist.
BCD INC., ANY TOWN, NY 2003 – 2005
Configuration Manager And Document Control Supervisor
- Write, implement and coordinate Configuration Data Management procedures and policies for the company.
- Lead and provide direction to a CDM team, including process improvements in accordance with industry best practices and efficiencies. Served as Corporate Compliance Officer. Company wide Compliance Trainer.
- Coordinate engineering release and design change process, approve deliverable data, conduct configuration audits and participate in internal and customer reviews.
- Managed documentation systems for product configurations through Configuration Change Board, Engineering Changes Notices. Track configuration changes of upper, lower and sub-assemblies through excel spreadsheets.
- Oversee the release of current revision levels of drawings, specifications to production, quality control, customer service, customers and engineering department. EXPORT, ITAR and Proprietary document handling and processing.
- Coordinating with multiple Configuration Manager’s at other ITT Value Sites to streamline internal work flow processes. Work closely with all Program Manager’s and Engineers on all programs requiring solid interpersonal skills.
- Internal quality management audits per AS9100, ISO10007, MIL-STD-61A, GEIA-HB-649 State, Federal, and customer specifications, regulations and contractual requirements.
- Provide Configuration Data Management leadership for migration to a Product Data Management software system. Create network file structure for all customer part numbers.
- and trained clerical administrative staff of 4.
- BA degree–equivalent diplomas in marketing, public relations, and advertising and marketing (New York University)
- Chamber of Industry & Commerce Business Diploma (New York)
- Speaks English, French and Spanish