(123) 456-7890 • (555) 555-5555 • email@example.com
Diane A. Hill
in employee benefits management • General human resources • Airline Recruiting • Effective public speaker • Excellent verbal communications and negotiating skills • Highly Computer Literate
Nov 2006 – Present GHI Company
- Managed the design, development and administration of company benefits
- Worked collaboratively with senior management and vendors to ensure that company benefits are competitive
- Conducted internal benefit audit of the health and welfare plans
- Evaluated and implemented new plans, programs and changes to plans
- Stayed abreast of current trends in plan design and administration of benefits in the United States and in other countries other than the United States
- Managed the annual renewal process
- Advised and counseled management and employees on benefits
- Provided counseling related to COBRA, disability processes, ADA, FMLA, Section 125 and other mandated or legislated requirements
Dec 2002 – Nov 2006 XYZ Corporation
- Developed and implemented a procedure for new hire orientation and created a comparable process for exit interviews.
- Created enrollment forms, provided insurance related information and communicated company policies and procedures.
- Provided information on COBRA packages, discussed Pension Benefits, 401(k) Plan(s) distribution options and unused vacation time due based on a tracking process created to capture usage and disposition.
- Administered 401(k) Plan(s) for both Management and Union employees and represented Management at Union Negotiations.
- Prepared Monthly Contribution reports, rollover packages, loan applications, and conducted Open Enrollments and Quarterly Elections.
- Reconciled, coded, and processed monthly insurance premium payments (Medical, Dental, LTD, STD, and Insurance).
- Processed STD and Worker’s Compensation claims and administered FSA and FMLA plans.
- Administered weekly, semi-monthly and monthly payroll in Ultimate Software’s HRMS and Payroll Program (Ultipro).
- Managed and administered human resource activities that included writing all communication materials to associates and preparing monthly employee related reports.
- Handled recruitment for permanent and temporary positions.
- Prepared materials for firm’s actuaries to calculate all FASB and IRS year-end figures.
- Reviewed and mailed all 5500’s, check requests for PBGC filings and distributed all IRS required SPD’s.
Feb 1999 – Dec 2002 DEF, Incorporated
- Managed the medical vendor procurement including review of proposals, finalist evaluations and vendor selection.
- Oversaw third-party administrator who handles benefits administration, including:
- Managing annual Flex enrollment
- Roll-out of new benefit programs and online tools used during enrollment
- Implementing Phase 1 of online Compensation Statements
- Implementing single sign-on
- Managed all aspects of employee benefit communication including revising and issuing
Summary Plan Descriptions
- Managed the research and review of all appeals
- Resolved many corporate ‘growing pain’ issues for Benefits, including the reconciliation of the Retiree Life population and the grandfathering of employees to be rolled into a frozen Retiree Medical Plan
2002 – 2005York University – 25 credit hours completed towards Associates Degree in Business Administration, Concentration in Human Resources Management
Present Self-study program for Professional in Human Resources certification