123 MAIN STREET • ANYTOWN • US 12345 • (C) (123) 456-7890 • (H) (555) 555-5555 • (W) (999) 999-9999 • firstname.lastname@example.org
KAREN R. BESS
motivated and dedicated individual seeking a challenging position at a reputed firm which will allow me to further utilize my existing skills and enable me to acquire new abilities.
Benefits Administrator 2008-Present
- Liaise with operational department managers to resolve employee questions around benefit packages.
- Coordinate and deliver benefit training sessions to current employees.
- Manage & communicate benefit information to current and former employees through one-on-one meetings and coordinated group training sessions.
- Manage worker compensation claims and reporting.
- Generate and deliver monthly benefit enrollment, employee contribution, 401k audit, and termination reports.
- Partner with vendors to resolve claim, billing, and enrollment issues.
- Enlist former employees in COBRA and help them to resolve related issues.
Benefits Administrator 2003-2008
- Responsible for the administration of all health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, pharmaceutical, disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) and commuter transportation plans.
- Overseeing benefit plan renewals.
- Preparing & distributing Open Enrollment communications & materials.
- Conducting Open Enrollment meetings with employees.
- Evaluating benefit plan or vendor changes and making recommendations.
- Responsible for the administration of the company’s 401(k) plan which encompasses processing enrollments, loans, rollovers, termination and distributions.
- Continuously review, modify and adjust back-office administrative processes to make sure benefit plans in compliance with policy and corporate standards.
- Conducting new hire orientations.
- Responding to escalated inquiries regarding benefit plans; investigating issues and providing resolution.
- Working closely with payroll to ensure that employee deductions are accurate.
- Reviewing and reconciling all monthly carrier bills before final approval.
- Responsible for HIPAA training of company staff.
- Responsible for safeguarding confidential records and handling sensitive issues with discretion.
- Supervision, recruitment, training, performance and compensation evaluations for benefits department staff.
Benefits Administrator 2001-2003
- Handle and track domestic and international plan enrollments, changes and data-entry requests into the HR database
- Maintain accounting reports, track and pay insurance premiums, and process check requests
- Research and resolve membership enrollments concerns
- Identify, lead, and implement streamlined procedures and processes
- Monitor audit reports to ensure compliance
- Handle highly sensitive and confidential information throughout all levels of management
- Manage various employee benefit programs including, employee referral program and tuition reimbursement
- Assist annual enrollments, health fairs, orientations and launching of new benefits programs
- Processed daily changes for new hire and existing corporate and retail employees
- Handled associate inquiries and answered specialized questions regarding HR, benefits, payroll, etc.
- Tracked and reported associate data (e.g. HR metrics, personnel files, benefits, etc.)
- Communicated company policies and provided recommendations on improving internal processes
- Coached and trained offsite and field employees on HR processes
- Ensured proper completion and compliance of I-9 documents and other compliance documentation
- Managed various employee benefit programs including; employee referral program, tuition reimbursement, and company discount stickers
- Processed and coordinated subpoenas
- Supported the further implementation of HR system through process analysis and improvement
York University – Currently Pursuing a BS in Business Management, Expected Date of Graduation 11/2010 2008- Present
- Strong organization and analytical skills, excellent interpersonal skills, office and phone etiquette.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Concur Expense, Bank-used Mainframe and State reporting systems.