9999 Any City • Any Town • NY 99999 • 999.999.9999 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Insurance Underwriter with a vast skill set and experience performing a wide array of underwriting projects – including homeowners and auto policies, workers compensation, general liability, commercial property, technology liability, E&O and P&C. Proven success negotiating with clients, agents and staff members, consistently reaching a successful, profitable arrangement for all parties. Respected communicator; dedicated to surpassing objectives. Areas of expertise include:
- Technical Underwriting
- Customer Service
- E&O and P&C Underwriting
- Insurance Operations
- Analytical and Creative Thinking
ABC CORPORATION Any Town, NY
Insurance Underwriter 2006 – Present
- Reviewed new and renewal business requests as well as certain endorsements in order to determine insurability based on corporate guidelines and standards.
- Reviewed and inspected reports and other supporting documents for compliance
- Use underwriting discretion (within authority level) to approve a risk and or structure coverage to corporate standards.
- Initiated action to cancel a policy, modify coverage form or limit based on corporate guidelines and standards.
- Provided technical assistance to agents and processing staff on an “as needed” basis.
- Resolving concerns with internal and external customers.
- Providing input concerning work related issues as directed by management.
- 6 years commercial workers compensation lines insurance experience.
- Ability to analyze and interpret insurance coverage, policies, procedures and reports.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of a personal computer including Microsoft Word and .
- Received certificates in workers compensation and corporate guidelines and standards.
JKL INC. Any City, NY
Insurance Underwriter 2004 – 2006
- Resolved customer issues in a call center environment
- Processed changes on existing auto policies i.e, Adding and deleting drivers and vehicles
- Provided customers with accurate quotes for policy changes
- Received credit card payments for auto policies and membership
- Renewed memberships while making upgrades and other changes
XYZ LIMITED Any Town, NY
Insurance Underwriter 2001 – 2004
- Address and Assist common inquiries from regulatory and government agencies, such as RMA and FCIC.
- Proficient knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of company software applications to develop information for new, or renewal policies and related reports.
- Read and interpret FCIC govt. documents.
- Ability to produce accurate written communication for internal and external farming agents and agencies.
- Ability to analyze and research detailed policy information related to FCIC error resolution.
- Ability to properly review policy information for insurance coverage, proper rating, reports from loss control consultants and other information to determine if application is acceptable for the program(s) available.
- Participates in surveys and studies by department to produce production and loss analysis reports.
- Process crop hail and multi-peril payables.
- Process monthly multi peril commissions and refunds
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND CERTIFICATIONS
UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK, New York, NY
of Business Administration in Marketing (2003)
Bachelor of Arts in Theater Arts (2002)
AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF CPCU
Certificate of Insurance and Currently pursuing CPCU designation