Entry Level Accounting Resume Sample 1
999 Main Street, Nice Town, NY 99999 ● (999)999-9999 ● email@example.com
Entry-level accounting position
working in fast-paced environments demanding strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills. Detail-orientated and resourceful in the completion of projects. Able to multi-task effectively. Ethical, discreet and dependable. Committed to superior customer service. Capabilities include:
- Accurately type ten key by touch
- General Accounting
- Word Processing & Typing
- Office Equipment & Operation
- Spreadsheet & Document Design
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service & Relations
- Filing & Data Archive
Entry-Level Accountant, ABC Inc., Nice Town, NY Sept 2009-Current
- Analyzed revenue and expense trends and recommended appropriate budget levels, through monthly and yearly financial models to help ensure our expenditure control throughout the course of the year.
- Prepared and reviewed, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents for month and year-end bank reconciliations.
- Recommended, developed and sustained strong financial records in financial databases, computer software systems, Quick Books 2007, and manual filing systems.
- Compiled and analyzed financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
Accounting Assistant, XYZ Corp., Nice Town, NY Jan 1999-Feb 2009
- Reconciling accounts receivables, accounts payables and bank statements (using Excel Spreadsheets) and entering journal entries into IT accounting system.
- Compiling accounting information, analyzing expense accounts for closing process and verifying for accuracy and payments submitted.
- Filing documents, updating files in the (Student Accounts Department) including mailing out tuition bills.
- Verifying records (Collections Department) for accuracy and completeness.
- Retrieving invoices (Purchasing Department) for accuracy, filing invoices.
Administrative Assistant, BCD Inc., Nice Town, NY Sept 1997- Nov 1998
- Oversee all aspects of general office coordination.
- Interact with clients, vendors, and visitors.
- Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Sign for and distribute UPS-FedEx or similarly delivered packages.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, bookkeeping, copying, faxing, mailing and filing.
- File and retrieve organizational documents, records, and reports.
- Create and modify documents such as reports, memos, letters and financial statements using word processing, spreadsheet, database and, or other presentation software such as Microsoft Office, Quick Books or other programs.
- May conduct research, compile data and prepare papers for consideration and presentation.
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for committee, Board or other meetings.
- Interact with the organization’s Board of Directors.
- Attend Board, committee meetings or other meetings as requested in order to record minutes.
- Compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Support staff in assigned project‐based work.
- May supervise volunteers and other support personnel.
- Assists in special events, such as fundraising activities and the annual meeting.
- with overall maintenance of the organization and its offices.
Society of CPA’s
New York Community College, New York, NY
Associates of Applied Science
GPA Overall 3.75, 4.0 scale
Available upon request
Entry Level Accounting Resume Sample 2
999 Main Streets
Any Town, NY 99999
To obtain an entry-level accounting position to utilize the knowledge, I have gained in pursuing an accounting degree.
ABC Inc., Any Town, NY 01/05-Present
- figures, postings, and documents for correct mathematical entry.
- Used computers, journals, and ledgers to classify, record, and summarize numerical financial data.
- Received, recorded, and banked cash and checks.
- Operated and managed an integrated, automated accounting system.
- Used computerized accounting encompassing principals, practices and procedures for certifying financial statements.
XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY 01/00-10/05
- Performed routine clerical duties for Senior Management.
- Created purchase orders for vendors.
- Manage financial departments with responsibility for budgets, forecasting, payroll, and accounts payable and receivable.
- Assisted with general accounting duties such as receiving documents, verifying accuracy, and recording data according to company procedure.
- Processed accounts receivable and payable by examining income checks and comparing invoices.
- Liaison to bankers, insurers, and solicitors regarding financial transactions.
BCD Inc., Any Town, NY 01/95-01/00
- Constructed a trial balance in Excel format of one property and recorded journal entries.
- Inputted vendor invoices.
- Insured that checks are properly matched with vendor invoices; obtained necessary signatures.
- Scanned paid invoices.
- Recorded receipts.
- Prepared and scanned deposit slips.
- Assisted in reconciling bank statements.
University of California, Santa Barbara, CA GPA: 3.75
BBA Degree in Accounting, 09/00
University of Florida
Associates Degree in Business Administration, 12/04
Course Work Completed: Principles of Accounting I & II, Intermediate Financial Accounting I & II, Government & Not-For-Profit Accounting, Income Taxation, Advanced Income Taxation, Auditing & Assurance Services, Accounting Information Systems, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program, Internship with Banks, Finley, White & Co., CPA (Auditing)
Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Inventory Count; Customer Service.
Entry Level Accounting Resume Sample 3
999 Main Street 999-999-9999
My Town, NY 99999 firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain an entry level accounting position to build experience
ABC Inc. My Town, NY
Accounting August 2009 – Present
- checks; general journal entries into Quick Books.
- Perform reconciliations in Microsoft Excel.
- Enter invoices, checks into company database system.
- Create Microsoft Excel spreadsheets with data for projects.
- Assisted with organizing accounts payable in the accounting department.
XYZ Corp. My Town, NY
Accounting Admin August 2008 – December 2009
- Assisted Controller in all accounting functions.
- Performed Customer Service duties.
- Purchased supplies and materials for manufacturing .
- Assisted Vice President and President with meeting and trade show preparation.
- Assisted in booking travel arrangements.
BCD Inc. My Town, NY
Staff Accountant May 2008 – August 2008
- Performed account reconciliations and general ledger entries.
- Managed accounting department reporting directly to the controller.
- Analyzed business performance to maximize operations.
- Maintained weekly cash flow management and reporting activities.
- Prepared monthly financial statements and reports.
- extensive knowledge in cost accounting.
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh
Accounting Associate in Applied Science Degree December 2009
Honors and Awards