999 Main Streets
Any Town, NY 99999
To obtain an entry-level accounting position to utilize the knowledge, I have gained in pursuing an accounting degree.
ABC Inc., Any Town, NY 01/05-Present
- figures, postings, and documents for correct mathematical entry.
- Used computers, journals, and ledgers to classify, record, and summarize numerical financial data.
- Received, recorded, and banked cash and checks.
- Operated and managed an integrated, automated accounting system.
- Used computerized accounting encompassing principals, practices and procedures for certifying financial statements.
XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY 01/00-10/05
- Performed routine clerical duties for Senior Management.
- Created purchase orders for vendors.
- Manage financial departments with responsibility for budgets, forecasting, payroll, and accounts payable and receivable.
- Assisted with general accounting duties such as receiving documents, verifying accuracy, and recording data according to company procedure.
- Processed accounts receivable and payable by examining income checks and comparing invoices.
- Liaison to bankers, insurers, and solicitors regarding financial transactions.
BCD Inc., Any Town, NY 01/95-01/00
- Constructed a trial balance in Excel format of one property and recorded journal entries.
- Inputted vendor invoices.
- Insured that checks are properly matched with vendor invoices; obtained necessary signatures.
- Scanned paid invoices.
- Recorded receipts.
- Prepared and scanned deposit slips.
- Assisted in reconciling bank statements.
University of California, Santa Barbara, CA GPA: 3.75
BBA Degree in Accounting, 09/00
University of Florida
Associates Degree in Business Administration, 12/04
Course Work Completed: Principles of Accounting I & II, Intermediate Financial Accounting I & II, Government & Not-For-Profit Accounting, Income Taxation, Advanced Income Taxation, Auditing & Assurance Services, Accounting Information Systems, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program, Internship with Banks, Finley, White & Co., CPA (Auditing)
Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point; Inventory Count; Customer Service.