999 Main Street ● Any Town, NY 99999 ● 99-999-9999 ● email@example.com
- to develop career in accounting and finance.
- Going to take CPA exam in August 2010.
- Pursuing MBA with concentration in accounting in New York University.
- Wide range of experiences in commercial banking.
- Excellent analytical, time management, communication and presentation skills.
ABC Inc., Any town, NY August 2009 to present
- Processed additions, retirement, and transfers of division’s fixed assets.
- Analyzed and reconciled all capital projects control spending.
- Preparation and management of balance sheet reconciliation’s.
- Prepared monthly journal entries.
- Assisted with the preparation of the annual and mid-year budgets.
- Assisted with the fiscal year-end and fixed asset accounting.
- Assist in the month-end close process.
- Prepared quarterly Diesel and Gas fuel tax reporting.
- Assisting functional and operational managers by providing detailed financial and other information along with analysis to help with their decision-making.
XYZ Corp., Any town, NY July 2009 to August 2009
Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Tracked and updated weekly store sales; analyzed and filed financial statements in retail store that $20,000 in weekly sales.
- Performed in-store accounts payable and receivable functions; researched and prepared A, P and A, R summaries for supervisor.
- Produced financial reports and statements for management; reviewed documents for accuracy and made any appropriate changes.
- Examined business account statements to ensure accuracy of debits, credits and corresponding financial numbers.
- Maintained weekly, monthly, and quarterly billing cycles in QuickBooks accounting software.
BCD Inc., Any town, NY May 2004 – August 2008
Computer Support Specialist
- Network & Business Competencies and in Possession of an Active Secret Clearance.
- Have demonstrated the ability to troubleshoot research & diagnose problems, then propose a satisfactory solution.
- Have demonstrated the ability to satisfy customers wants and needs by asking targeted questions; provided customer satisfaction, in person and over the phone.
- Participated in deployment of new computer systems, replacing older systems, reimaging of current systems, and deleted secure data for asset recovery.
- Participated in deployment of adding dual monitors to individual workstations, installing video cards, & replacing older tube monitors with larger LCD monitors.
- Mentored and trained non-technical employees & customers on computer and photography issues.
Masters of Business Administration, Accounting
Current GPA: 3.0 (graduate courses) and 4.0 (undergraduate courses)
Achievement: Outstanding Graduate Student (Nominees, finalist)
New York University
Master of Business Studies, Finance (First Division)
Received Silver Medal for scoring the highest percentage score in the 2003-2004 class
Bachelor of Science, Mathematics and Statistics
Graduated: November 1998, Second division
TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Windows, and QuickBooks (Student edition)
- Hospitality Trainings: Basic Accounting and Customer Relationship Management
- Certifications: Basic VITA and TCE