123 Main Street
Any town, US 12345
Professional with extensive knowledge of financial and operational risk. Demonstrated good judgment in interpreting policies and assessing risk. Recognized for the ability to work independently or as a team member to accomplish goals. Strong interpersonal, organizational, and analytical abilities. Sound professional attitude, strong work ethic, and pride in personal performance.
ABC Financial, Any town, NY 1997-2010
- Designing audit strategy, planning and execution of audits; planning time & cost budget.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Interacting with the client’s management to discuss issues; providing deliverables on a timely basis; drive client meeting and audit committee presentation; negotiating fee increase.
- Providing training, guidance and technical assistance to the team to ensure timely completion of work; reviewing of team’s work papers; evaluating their performance.
- Co-ordination with other function teams (ERS, Tax) to obtain audit information.
- Leading internal trainings.
Bank of New World, Any town, NY 1995-1997
- Proficiency in: SOP 97-2, EITF00-21, SAB101, SAB104, FAS 48, FAS142, FAS144, FAS115, FAS133, FAS157 and FAS123(R).
- Assisted public clients in the preparation of filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) including Form 10-K and Form 10-Q, ensuring high client satisfaction and retention.
- Performed SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) compliance procedures, including reviewing narratives, walkthroughs and testing of various processes, resulting in the identification of improvements and weaknesses in the companies controls and processes as well as the recommendation of solutions to management.
- Demonstrated excellent project management skills including budgets, staffing and scheduling, monitoring team’s progress, fee analysis and billing, significantly reducing unnecessary chargeable hours and creating an effective and efficient team environment.
- Coordinated an annual Business Service seminar within a tight budget. Worked closely with the firm’s education group resulting in higher quality informative sessions and a more effective team environment, while saving a large portion of our budget.
Good Bank, Any town, NY 1990-1995
- Prepared audit engagement letters, audit planning memoranda, audit plans, audit programs, and time budgets.
- Supervised senior, semi-senior and junior staff auditors (totaling 24).
- Verified progress reports to ensure attainment of audit objectives.
- Performed test of controls, analytical review, substantive testing of transactions and balances.
- Ensured compliance with relevant laws, regulations and rules.
- Reviewed management reports.
- Verified financial statement compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) or International Accounting Standards (IAS).
- Discussed internal control weaknesses and other findings with clients.
- Reported on financial statements.
- Completed multiple audit assignments with tight deadlines.
- Focused on working of audit quality control.
- Performed operational and compliance audits under special assignment.
- Engaged in non-audit assurance engagements such as agreed-up-on procedures and review of financial statements.
- Engaged in compilation engagement.
BBA in Accounting, University of Cambridge
- for Enterprise Risk Management, Continuous Auditing and Monitoring, and Operational Auditing, Third Party Management and Report Writing
- Completed IT courses at ABC College, which included flow charting, process flows, information systems and programming in C++, Unix and HTML
Institute of Internal Auditors – Any Town Chapter
Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, Visio Flowcharting, Auto Audit Windows and Lotus Notes and Image Soft