999 Main Street • Any Town, NY 99999 • (999) 999-9999 • firstname.lastname@example.org
ABC Inc. Any Town, NY
Accounting Assistant September 2005-May 2009
- controller with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and subcontractor insurance requirements.
- Generate client billings for various projects valued between $10,000,000-$5,000,000 on monthly basis. Set up schedule of values, review back up provided by project managers, edit billing, and distribute for payment, enter receivables into accounting program.
- Directed work flow, supervised, and trained new hires to ensure proper entry into general ledger and compliance with accounting procedures.
- Revamped and proposed new training guide for use of accounting system.
- Process over 150 payable invoices weekly.
- Audit subcontracts to eliminate overbilling and to pinpoint how costs should be applied to general ledger accounts.
- Maintain individual files for each vendor or subcontractor invoices, analyze and archive vendor statements, solve billing discrepancies.
- Maintain and update subcontractor files with insurance, agreements, and necessary state sales tax requirements.
- Oversee organization of new vendors to be set up in accounting system. Request company information, federal and state tax information, insurance, safety agreement. Apply appropriate default cost code to vendor and general ledger account.
XYZ Corp. Any Town, NY
Accounting Assistant September 2007-December 2007
- Data entry of accounting time and billing.
- Prepare invoices for mailing.
- General bookkeeping.
- Run monthly reports and accurately proofread .
- Compile completed tax returns using manual punch binding system.
- Maintain incoming and outgoing daily fax log.
- Archive previous years’ records.
BCD Inc. Any Town, NY
Accounting Assistant January 2007-May 2007
- Code and process high volume accounts payable.
- Screen and process expense reports from multiple departments.
- Responsible for year-end accounts payable closing including preparation and issuance of Form1099’s.
- Assist with annual audits & month-end accruals.
- Credit card reconciliation.
New York University, School of Business, New York
Bachelor of Business Administration in General Accounting
Fluent in Spanish and English.
in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Access and knowledge of Peachtree
- Participate in many volunteer events and walkathons in the community.