123 MAIN STREET, ANYTOWN US 12345
PHONE 555-555-5555 • E-MAIL JOHN@YAHOO.COM
– Ability to understand complex tax concepts and be able to apply those concepts to minimize taxes.
– Detailed knowledge of tax law, rules and regulations.
– Effective analytical skills with ability to create both spreadsheet and database applications using different PC and mainframe financial tools including, but not limited.
– written and verbal communication skills including negotiation and facilitative skills with all business units and levels of management.
– Provide leadership and direction to personnel under my direction and be an active participant in their career development.
2008 – Present ABC Corporation
Oak Park, Illinois
– Managed Thomson-Reuters, 3rd party sales use tax outsourcer, in filing 150 sales use
– Managed 3rd party property tax outsourcer in preparation of 700 tax returns filed annually. Reviewed 2,000 property tax bills issued annually by local tax jurisdictions.
– Reduced property tax liabilities by 30% by appealing asset valuations from states. Trained staff in property tax appeals process which reduced property tax liability.
2004 – 2008 DEF Incorporated
– Extensive experience in preparation review of federal and state tax returns of “C” and “S” status corporations (experience with businesses in the construction and real estate), closely held businesses, partnerships, non-profit and high net-worth individuals. In addition to multi-state returns.
– Completed tax planning and projections for businesses and individuals.
– Involved in IRS examination projects.
-Reviewed prepared returns and managed a staff of three professional tax staff accountants in tax compliance.
2001 -2004 GHI Company
– Responsible for all aspects of domestic income tax compliance, including review, to ensure an accurate federal consolidation of tax returns and timely filing
– Responsible for all aspects of domestic state income tax compliance, including state apportionment, to ensure accuracy and timely filing
– multi-tiered partnership federal and state tax returns
– Review Forms 5471 for various controlled foreign corporations
– Research of various federal and state tax issues
– Hire and Train new staff, and assist existing staff in preparation of tax returns
– Responsible for all aspects of tax software (data download, system updates, system problem solving)
– Communicate with federal and state authorities to resolve issues
1988 – 1991 DeVry Institute of Technology Chicago, Illinois
Bachelor of Science, Accounting
– Presidents list, Deans list and Co-founder of the DeVry Accounting