123 Main Street, Anytown US 12345Kingwood, TX 77339
Objective: A challenging accountant position in a growing company.
January 2010 – ABC Corporation | Houston, TX
Present Tax Manager
• Researched and consulted on various tax matters for both corporate and partnership entities.
• Assisted clients with tax planning, refund analysis, nexus review.
• Provided assistance on large multi national client project engagements.
• Supervised, trained, and mentored associates and seniors on tax projects and assessed performance of staffs for engagement reviews.
• Reviewed tax returns and recommended tax savings opportunities.
• Utilized tax-related software for review returns and research matters.
• Responded to state audits IDR.
• Maintained a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform tax services.
• Proactively interacted with directors, senior managers, and key client management team to gather information, resolve tax-related issues, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
• Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing projects in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive team environment.
• Participated in recruiting events.
• Taught at Multistate Lunch & Learn training.
• Received outstanding performances awards.
February 2007 – DEF Incorporated | Houston, TX
October 2009 Senior Tax Manager
∙ Developed and maintained relationship with major real estate client for five years,
∙ Increased staff utilization 15% by leveraging work to non-Real Estate Tax Manager in second year of engagement.
∙ Increased productivity by leading several training seminars in partnership taxation.
∙ National Tax Quality Reviewer for several major clients.
May 2006 – GHI Company | Houston, TX
February 2007 Senior Tax Manager
∙ Establish a cohesive policy for state and local tax functions for ten entities with 120 locations in 28 states
∙ Complete oversight of state and local income and franchise tax reporting
∙ Seamlessly transition property, transaction and alcoholic beverage tax matters through a divestiture to new ownership.
∙ Interface directly with multiple jurisdiction regarding tax matters
∙ Assist the Director of External Reporting in all tax and accounting matters
August 1993 – University of West Florida | Pensacola, FL
December 1997 Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
3.1 Overall GPA, 3.7 Major GPA
∙ IRS Enrolled Agent
∙ CPA candidate (actively pursuing certification)
∙ Lacerte Tax ∙ ProSystem fx Engagement
∙ ProSystem fx Tax ∙ RIA Checkpoint
∙ GoSystem Tax ∙ CCH IntelliConnect
∙ UltraTax ∙ GoSystem Audit
∙ ProSeries Tax ∙ QuickBooks
∙ BNA Income Tax Planner ∙ Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
∙ National Association of Enrolled Agents
∙ Texas Society of Enrolled Agents