123 Main Street
Any town US 12345
professional specializing in property accounting; managed fixed asset up to $217M net worth; developed and implemented fixed asset accounting policies and procedures; proficient in regular general ledger accounting.
Great Plains; FISERV; MAS500; FAS; SAP, Micro Soft Office
ABC Corporation, Los Angeles CA April 2008- November 2008
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing and filing all states, locals Sales and Use tax returns.
- Preparing and filing business property tax returns.
- Responsible for analyzing and filing all foreign VAT tax returns (including UK, Swiss, Canada).
- Managing the filings of corporate annual reports, state unclaimed property, states and local business licenses.
- Handling business tax compliances, FIN 48, Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance as well as research and support company’s tax positions and tax saving opportunities.
- Providing technical supports to Collection group to review all tax exemption certificates and tax adjustment requests.
- Working closely with IT and other finance related groups to maintain all tax related records for tax audit purposes.
- Notary Public for Finance & Legal Departments.
Senior Tax and Compliance
DEF Incorporated, Newport Beach, CA May 2005-March 2008
- Responsible for preparing federal, state, and local income, informational, sales and payroll.
- tax returns for corporations, S corporations, partnerships, trusts and estates, and individuals.
- Responsible for preparing compilations and financial for compliance engagements.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual write-up work.
- Responsible for preparing all informational forms and work papers for retirement plan engagements.
- Responsible for reviewing all types of tax returns prepared by other tax preparers in our office.
- Responsible for researching tax matters to enable others and myself to complete tax returns.
GHI Company Costa Mesa, CA January 2002-February 2005
- Primary anchor and manager of Tax Group within firm assigned to complicated and complex tax issues and returns.
- Review client financial statements for conformance with accepted standards of tax return submission.
- Apply extensive knowledge of oil and gas accounting for completing full bookkeeping for smaller clients and reviewing client provided books for larger clients; including both working and royalty interests, equipment additions and dispositions, and complete sales of interest.
- Continually mentor junior associates in interpretation and implementation of applicable tax laws.
- Successfully incorporate an extensive understanding of tax law related to employment, franchise, sales, use, income, gross production, and withholding taxes and requirements.
- advise and coordinate management of new engagement opportunities and new markets.
Bachelor of Science – Recreation Administration (Resort and Lodging Management)
California State University, Chico CA
Associate of Arts Degree in General Education
De Anza College, Cupertino CA