Anytown US 12345
Staff accountant, highly organized, motivated, detail-focused, the ability to learn proprietary systems, applications quickly and has varied accounting experiences spanning fourteen years. Specific experience and skills in:
COMPUTER, SYSTEM SKILLS
MS office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, Outlook), Lotus Notes, Cognos, Oracle,Wand Excel based Oracle GL reporting tool, Deltek Vision, Harper and Shuman (CFMS)
ABC Corporation, Morris Plains, NJ
Accounts Payable Staff Accountant (2004-2009)
- Input vouchers and prepare check run.
- Review employee expense reports and upload data from Concur into Great Plains.
- Setup fixed assets additions, run depreciation and reconcile on monthly basis.
- Create Payroll GL file via ADP Pay Xpert.
- Prepare accruals to true up expense at month-end.
- Review, assign PO#, and record in the spreadsheet.
- Analyze supplier ageing report weekly.
- Prepare Journal entries, reconcile AP and Fixed accounts in month end. .
- Prepare annual tax form 1099-B & 1099-MISC
Bookkeeper, Staff Accountant – Treasury (2000-2004)
- Skilled in all aspects of recording transactions, posting debits and credits, reconciling accounts, and ensuring accuracy and completeness of data.
- Expertise in developing and delivering monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for management within tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in managing accounts payable and accounts receivable, generating invoices and monthly statements for clients.
- Proven ability to identify and implement improvements to streamline processes and increase efficiency and productivity.
- Excellent computer skills; proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook , QuickBooks, Peachtree, JD Edwards, Timberline, Citrix, Prolog, Ecapture, Acorde, Data Plus and able to learn proprietary systems, applications quickly and easily.
Staff Accountant (1997-2000)
- general ledger, account receivables, account payables, bank reconciliation and month-end closing.
- Ensured that accounting policies and established internal control procedures are implemented.
- Performed cash management functions to maintain liquidity for operational funding and existing loan obligations.
- Summarized total monthly disbursements analyzed variances.
New Jersey City University, Jersey City, NJ
Bachelor of Science in Accounting