123 Main Street
Anytown US 12345
, hard-working and technically skilled staff accountant known for accuracy, attention to detail and timeliness in managing disbursement functions for diverse-industry employers. Staff Accountant career spans 4 years of experience in manufacturing and retail and has included accountability for the processing of up to 20,000 invoices. Experience with Office Suite, Great Plains software, QuickBooks, SAP and proficiencies in Peachtree as well as MS. Effective communicator who directs people actions towards company’s goal.
ABC Corporation – Palatine, IL
Staff Accountant (2/06 to 11/09)
- Maintained general ledger, account receivables, account , bank reconciliation and month-end closing.
- Ensured that accounting policies and established internal control procedures are implemented.
- Performed cash management functions to maintain liquidity for operational funding and existing loan obligations.
- Summarized total monthly disbursements analyzed variances.
DEF Incorporated – Schaumburg, IL
Staff Accountant (08/07 to 10/07)
- Review, verify bills and enter into accounting software.
- Managed and selected vendors to be paid at net 30 terms, provided backup documents for weekly check run; built check batch and cut checks.
- Entered inter-company payables for shared services.
- Prepared a Positive Pay Report for checks cut weekly to be submitted to bank.
- Created PO list to accrue for month end by exporting open PO’s to Excel. Researched all open PO’s to be voided and, or requested invoices from vendor.
- Created and submitted month end spreadsheet listing monthly re-occurring open payables and payables that had not been entered.
- Prepared monthly journal entries related to the month end close and, or to make GL corrections.
- Balance GL with AP at month end.
- Made collection calls for Accounts Receivable.
- Annually prepared and reported 1099 INT, MISC to the IRS.
- Created spreadsheets using excel and formulas using primary and secondary resources using Great Plains and files.
- Created Excel spreadsheets using pivot, if & then, concentrate, v-lookup, etc. formulas for cost allocation of expenses by district.
- Notified CFO and controller the Cash amount needed to cover weekly check run.
- Reconciled and processed expense reports, American Express expense reports and monthly invoices.
- Created a standard expense report for companywide employees to use.
- Reconciled vendor accounts for CFO and controller.
- Researched entries in AP and GL for controller and CFO.
- Processed and completed credit application forms and setup new vendor and customer ID’s.
- Maintain Vendor ID and Customer ID information in Great Plains.
- Support annual auditors request for payable backup.
- Prepared and assisted the CFO with the HR benefit enrollment and filled temp open positions for our Accounting Department with Staffing Agency’s.
- Prepared HR Manual using HR resources.
GHI Company – Schaumburg, IL
Staff Accountant 02/05 to 02/06
- Prepare monthly journal entries (e.g. accruals, true-ups, and credit card fees, charge backs)
- Reconcile and analyze balance sheet account analysis’
- Review accounting statements (P&L and Balance Sheet)
- Perform month-end transactions while complying with SOX
- Reconcile bank reconciliations for over 25 different properties
- Keep detail records of all company assets
- Research and solve any problems or situations that arise during the month
- Ability to multi-task with special projects and daily duties
- Working independently and closely with team members
- Assisting internal auditors with questions
- Assisting in the preparation of the yearly budget and forecasts
- Calculating and reserving for bad debt on a monthly basis
morris university – Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Science in Business Management, 2002-2003
Devry University – Elgin, IL
Bachelor of Science in Accounting, 2008-2010
MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) l SAP l Oracle l Great Plains l QuickBooks l Windows (all)