123 Main Street
Anytown US 12345
Senior Staff Accountant
accounting professional offering over 15 years experience in all aspects of the general ledger and bank system accounting. Expert in creating streamlined accounting systems and generating accurate and detailed period and year-end reports. Collaborate effectively with management team to resolve variances, refine forecasts and identify opportunities for improvement. Strong team working and multi-tasking skills, successfully completes projects and reports within time and budget constraints.
- Played a critical role throughout the merger between SunTrust Bank and to ensure a seamless transition in the union of the two general ledger systems.
- Earned a reputation throughout the company for being a go-to person regarding any questions involving the general ledger system or trust accounting statements.
- Developed and presented in-depth training seminars to help bring co-workers up to speed regarding various calculations and concepts.
- Continually updated key functional processes to facilitate the constant changes in technology and work flow volume.
- Gained exceptional experience working with some of the accounting industry’s top software programs, including TM1 and Recon Master.
ABC Corporation ; Atlanta, GA (2008-2009)
- Prepared accounting for revenue and cost of sales related to pharmacy and home health care products
- Maintained overhead accruals and inter-company ledgers
- Tracked fixed assets including appropriations, acquisitions, depreciation and retirements
- Reconciled fixed assets and prepared Corporate reporting
- Reviewed balance sheet reconciliations including bank reconciliations
- Liaison with over 50 cost centers to develop multi-million capital and operating budget, including head count changes
- Developed and maintained budget spreadsheets before loading in to Hyperion Planning
DEF Incorporated; Atlanta, GA (2002-2008)
- Permanent salaried accountant on staff for long-term temporary accounting positions
- Provided general ledger, accounts receivable and bank reconciliations and enacted related correcting journal entries to assist with conversion to new accounting software package for multiple affiliated entities in a corroborative accounting team effort to facilitate massive clean-up of incorrectly uploaded data including duplicated and one-sided erroneous batches of transactions. This assignment resulted in the direct hire permanent position listed above, even though not customarily converted, due to enthusiastic client satisfaction in my performance and contribution.
- Provided full charge bookkeeping through financial statements for investment banking firm including maintaining complete books of four entities, recording 18 months of activity including reconciliation, analysis and correction to multiple general ledger accounts dating back over two fiscal years.
GHI Company (1999-2002)
- for analyzing and maintaining the General Ledger to create monthly journal entries and prepare for the month-end closing process. Processed daily downloads from Donovan to maintain daily Year-to-Date balances.
- Responsible for the monthly calculations of Accumulated Depreciation for the Fixed Asset accounts. Creating the daily accruals and maintaining current the monthly bank reconciliation balance workbook for all the accounts.
- Experienced in creating Financial Statements for corporate meetings and preparing monthly corporate sales tax returns, also extensive account analysis of various accounts and reports.
Rutgers University; Newark, NJ
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Proficient in the in-house networking systems: TM1, SAP, Extra Enterprise 2000 Super Session, Geac General Ledger System, Recon Master and Variance Analysis Database. Excel, which includes experience with Vlookups and Pivot Tables, Access and Word.