123 Main Street
Anytown US 12345
15 years combined experience in the legal, publishing, and not-for-profit industries
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Good understanding of financial statement preparation , month-end process, and general ledger analysis
- Proven ability to identify improvements and implement procedures to streamline processes and increase efficiency
- Converted foreign subsidiary financial records to centralized S. accounting system: Elite Enterprise
- Trained staff on accounting procedures
- Excellent working relationship with co-workers at both the national and international level
- Team player, analytical and detail oriented, work well under pressure with minimal supervision
- Bilingual: Spanish
ABC Corporation, Newark, NJ (08/09 – Present)
- Oversaw the negotiation and sale of company.
- Cleaned up two years of financial statements and G,L accounts upon
- Instrumental in company’s 2000-2007 annual organic growth: 53% increase in sales; Gross Margin increased 58% and annual profits up $500K.
- Developed a database ERP system to process all sales, purchase and inventory transactions within organization, resulting in 50% faster billing of customers and 11% decrease in lost product contracts.
- Implemented sales costing and analysis procedures that increased GM% 32%.
- Reduced A, R average days outstanding by 35%.
- Transitioned 401K plan and Health Insurance plans to new organization.
DEF Incorporated, New York, NY (12/00 – 04/09)
Senior Corporate, International Accountant
- Inter-company billings, journal entries, monthly foreign exchange revaluation, monthly forecasting and inter-company reconciliations for the subsidiaries countries.
- Prepared journal entries, maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts for international regions.
- Balance sheet variance analysis, month-end close responsibilities, hedging foreign exchange translation and special project.
- Handle region Global to gathering preparation booking between countries & counterparts with US for all the revenue, expenses, cross-charge, tax –agreement, and all issues relate to hedge cycle, and billing to hedge.
- Handle all operating cash and operating bank reconciling in US and Worldwide currency
- Expert in prepaid schedule, tracking engineering projects with expenses cost tracking.
- Coding and assign purchase requisition & tracking purchase requisition
- Handing and interface with outside and insides auditors
- Monthly reconcile, reevaluation foreign –exchange gain, loss currency
- Handle monthly, quarterly & yearly subsidiaries booking & closing, cost plus & revaluation.
- Fixed Asset, depreciate, amortized, handle Fiscal Year End physical count, write off and Fixed Asset Roll-Forward
- Reports sale taxes all states
- Sox-Control, hands on hands with outside auditors internal & external.
GHI Company, New York, NY (12/98 – 11/00)
- month-end financial statements (Balance Sheets, Income Statements, Cash Flows Statements) for ten entities
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts on monthly basis
- Assist with the preparation of annual operating budgets and reforcasting process and perform variance analysis
- Prepare and enter Journal Entries, coordinate A, P, A, R and G, L
- Month end closing responsibilities including standard and recurring entries
- Reconcile monthly inter-company balances with the appropriate entities and oversee payments
- Prepare external reports to lenders
- Ensuring the accuracy and the completeness of my entities books
- Prepare reports and supplementary schedules for senior management for review
- Assist VP Finance with year-end audits and special projects or duties as needed
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Accounting Software: PeopleSoft Enterprise, Elite Enterprise, Solomon IV, Fundware, Hyperion Essbase, FRx, Livelink
- Pace University, New York, N.Y., 2001
Courses completed: Auditing I & II
- State University of New York at Oneonta, Oneonta, N.Y., 1993
Major: B.S., Business Economics
Concentration: Finance, Accounting