123 Main Street ▪ Anytown US 12345
(555) 555-5555 ▪ email@example.com
accountant with over 10 years corporate finance experience for educational nonprofit organizations and manufacturer with strong analytical skills in balance sheet, P&L analysis, budgeting projection and identifying and implementing process improvements. Highly organized and articulate; able to achieve results in a timely manner. Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and many accounting and finance programs. Fluent in Chinese (Cantonese, Taiwanese and Mandarin) and English. Currently working toward project management certificate.
ABC Corporation, Elk Grove Village, Illinois 02/2008 – 10/2009
- Prepare month, yearend closing entries in Navision accounting software, annual audit schedules and coordinate with external CPA firm for Corporate Income Tax filings.
- Research tax issues and communicate findings from various states to Sr. management for immediate resolutions.
- Assists on-site Corporate Income tax audit from the state of MA and the IRS.
- Calculate and reconcile balance sheet accounts include royalty, overhead allocations, revenue and intercompany receivables .
DEF Incorporated, Chicago, Illinois 07/2006 – 02/2008
- Calculate and record amortization of prepaid expense
- Review ADP bi-weekly payroll labor distribution file for reasonableness of dollar amounts by comparing current payroll amounts to prior periods and budgeted payroll and then enter into the general ledger
- Record miscellaneous cash transaction from cash management group daily logs not posted to the GL
- Process month-end, quarterly, and annual accounting close
- Record interest earned on investments at Goldman Sachs
- Perform bank reconciliations to determine any inaccuracies of the bank statements
- Calculate and record accrued interest on outstanding debt for both term loans and loans and to review propriety of recorded interest expense
- Record partnership interest profit and loss for company
- Process monthly account reconciliations for specified accounts
- Calculate and record month end payroll accruals
- Record and prepare analysis of Capitalized G&A Cost
GHI Company, North Chicago, Illinois 03/2000 – 07/2006
- Ensured financial transactions including cash management, requisitions, purchase orders, expense reports Performed independent financial management internal control reviews, performance regulatory and hotline reviews. Identified control and process improvements over various financial management functions. Identified compliance issues, provided oversight in the development of a corrective action plan to address compliance issues. Assisted in monitoring efforts. Represented significant material impact.
- as an audit liaison by managing and providing oversight to Boeing external auditors in quarterly and annual external audits. This includes providing assistance to the external auditors in conducting their audit fieldwork by providing advice on audit sampling, internal control testing, audit testing and analysis of sample data to ensure the auditor’s meet their audit objectives.
- Directs financial audits and provides recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Responsible for enterprise-wide SOX 404 Readiness Initiative including ongoing SOX project coordination, compliance, and reporting. Participate in all phases of the SOX lifecycle including top down risk assessment scoping, documenting, designing, testing, remediation, reporting, and certification
- Researched, collected, classified, and analyzed financial reporting data. Participated in the development, preparation, and analysis of financial reports financial statements, and SEC reporting.
- Manages chart of accounts and general ledger, FDICIA, SOX compliance, external reporting including regulatory reporting, and shareholder and equity compensation accounting and reporting.
- Participated in the preparation of the Boeing Company 10-Q, including the press release, financial statement preparation, footnote disclosures totaling over $892 million, and portions of the MD&A. ·Provides management and Board Audit Committee with timely reviews of organization’s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities
- Participates in and contributes to company’s enterprise risk management program including financial risk analysis
- Ensures company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Analyzed complex accounting transactions, coordinated views of individual divisions, and upper management. Developed options and provided alternatives, recommendations to senior management. Prepared policy documents and accounting, cost policy whitepapers to ensure the proper application of authoritative financial and cost accounting guidance for complex business events and transactions.
- Participates in preparation of company-wide budgets and financial forecasts, reviews of budget proposals, and preparation of necessary supporting documentation and justification. Directs preparation of department budget.
- Participates in preparation of company-wide budgets and financial forecasts, reviews of budget proposals, and preparation of necessary supporting documentation and justification. Directs preparation of department budget
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Finance Management, Loyola University Chicago, 2000
- Associate of Art – General Studies, Harold Washington College, 1996, with honors
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Language Skills – English, Mandarin, Taiwanese and Cantonese.
- Computer Skills – Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0, ChipNet, CRIS (Comprehensive Rate Information System), Crystal Reports, Datatel Colleague, Dreamweaver, Hyperion, Internet, Jenzabar CX, CARS database System, Kronos Workforce Timekeeper , Lawson, Mapics, MS Office Access, MS Office Excel (Advanced: Vlookup, pivot table, etc.), MS Office FRX, MS Office Outlook, MS Office PowerPoint, MS Office Visio, MS Office Visual FoxPro 7.0, MS Office Word, Novell Groupwise, Webfocus