123 Main Street
Anytown US 12345
(555) 555 5555
experienced and goal-oriented Senior Accountant with efficiency in preparation of budgets and forecasts and analysis of general ledger accounts. Proven expertise in driving efficiency and productivity through automating down loads of financial data into excel work sheets. Core competencies include:
| || || |
ABC Corporation, Hauppauge, New York (2008 – 2010) Senior Accountant
- Act as assistant controller managing the of one division
- Heavily involved in forecasting and quarterly budget process
- Responsible for all financial aspects of a new line of business
- Work closely with VP of Finance and Controller on special projects and analysis
- Responsible for month end close and variance analysis
DEF Incorporated., New York, (2006 – 2008)
- Performed audits and reviews of corporations and partnerships.
- Developed and implemented audit plans including Sarbanes Oxley 404 and evaluated accounting operations.
- Prepared corporate, partnership, fiduciary and high net worth individual tax returns.
- Prepared year-end tax projections.
- Prepared and edited financial statements to ensure proper disclosures as required under GAAP.
- Researched GAAP accounting and regular accounting issues to ensure proper policies are in place and practiced by clients.
- Performed monthly write-ups for small business clients.
- Resolved matters between clients and government agencies.
GHI Company., Forest Hills, New York, (2002 – 2005)
- and Year-end close with write-up and posting of journal entries into the general ledger using Mfg, Pro and SAP applications, providing closing package for Controller
- Actual vs. Budget, Forecast variance analysis on a monthly basis
- Balance sheet account analysis on a monthly basis
- Financial statement preparation for internal department managers and corporate departments on a monthly basis
- Intercompany and Intracompany reconciliations
- Accounts receivable and collection of past-due accounts
- Bank reconciliations for accounts payable and payroll accounts
- Fixed asset accounting including capitalizations and retirements using AS400 and posting depreciation journal entries
- Payroll processing in-house for 60 employees, salaried and hourly, and weekly bank account funding for each payroll
- Standard cost accounting for new products and maintaining routers for existing products
- Preparation of year-end tax reporting package for the North Chicago plant
- Plant point-of-contact for many system upgrades
Microsoft Excel and Word
Familiarity with Oracle, Management Science of America and Intuit Quick Books
Bachelor of Business Administration – Accounting
Pace University – New York, New York