999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999
Secure a position with growth potential within the accounting and finance department of a private company which will utilize my analytic skills and experience preparing financial statements.
Professional Experience Highlights
analyses of financial data including:
- Budget-variance analysis
- Trend analysis
- Break-even analysis
- Margin and ratio analyses
- Contract review
- Analyzed the design and tested the effectiveness of internal controls
- Designed control procedures to address identified deficiencies
Financial Statement Preparation
- Prepared audited and reviewed full-disclosure statements compliant with either GAAP or an other comprehensive basis of accounting
- Prepared compiled statements including limited use statements
- Generated prospective financial statements
Other Professional Experience
- Created electronic mappings between financial data and Microsoft Office based statements.
- Functioned as a third-party controller for client’s not receiving services.
- Supervised junior staff assigned to client engagements
- Developed and ran firm-wide training sessions
2008-2010 Junior Accountant & Accounts Receivable
ABC Inc., Any Town, NY
- Assistant to the Controller and Accounting Manager.
- Confirmed FNMA trade offs with lenders and buyers.
- Managed incoming mortgage insurance premiums and FHA wiring accounts.
- Assisted in preparation of branch audits and analyzed documents for yearly audits.
- Computed figures for loan officer’s commissions and year to date figures.
- Monitored cash balances in operating account and warehouse bank accounts.
- In charge of monthly reconciliation on bank accounts and general ledgers.
- Computed and allocated mortgage payments, points, fees, leads, expenses and reimbursements among employees and branches.
- Disputed credit card charge backs from borrowers for various charges.
2005-2008 Junior Accountant
XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY
- Prepared journal entries and performed monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepared income tax returns using Pro Series and researched on tax related project.
- Implemented Rapid Refund service for individual clients.
- Assisted with tax return collation, payroll and work papers preparation.
2003-2005 Junior Accountant
BCD Inc., Any Town, NY
- Worked directly under Senior Accountant and Operations Manager.
- Handled company accounts receivable, payable, payroll, invoices, bank reconciliation.
- Handled various company client accounts, work orders, custom orders.
- with technology, business industry & procedures.
Bachelor of Business Administration – Accounting
With dual concentrations in Financial Accounting (public accounting) and Managerial Accounting (private accounting)
Duke University, Durham, NC