999 Main Street
Any Town, NY 99999
Seeking an entry level accounting and financial position, that will enable me to utilize my acquired knowledge and skills, to provide a positive development in the company.
- bookkeeping tasks. a team of two junior accountants to perform
- Performed reconciliations of general ledger accounts including fixed asset, inventory, and money market accounts.
- Researched account transactions to identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Prepared credit approval summaries on clients’ financial positions in light of current economic conditions.
- Developed cost cutting and budget control proposals by auditing financial and manufacturing performance records to identify cost sensitive variables. Result: reduced company expense by 10%.
Junior Accountant (05/2009-07/2009)
- Handle customer transactions and reconcile discrepancies.
- Contact venders for invoice to meet month end payments.
- Create and update databases and excel .
- Review account statements for clients, verify transactions.
- Prepare and complete customer payment wires, back up docs and approval.
- Maintain positive customer rapport.
Junior Accountant (05/2006-07/2009)
- Responsible for monthly close of individual companies within the consolidated group statements.
- Assisted the controller in the preparation of financial statements, monthly income and expense variation analysis and annual budget.
- Prepared internal reports for the shareholder’s meetings.
- Performed monthly reconciliation for various asset accounts.
- Coached and mentored interns within the corporate financial reporting group.
- Processed invoices for firm wide vendor payments and monthly accounts receivable billing.
- Prepared and reviewed the analysis of vendor history and general ledger activity.
of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh 08/2009
Bachelor of Business Administration
Major: Accounting minor in Finance, GPA 3.0/4.0
Honors and Awards:
President’s List (1 semester), Dean’s List (1 semester)
Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE), Member, Monroe College Chapter
- Participated in group projects, and helping youths in the community.
Volunteer of Lighthouse International
Accounting I & II, Computerized Accounting, Money and Banking, Principles of Finance, Investment Analysis, Income Tax I & II, Managerial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Cost Accounting, Algebra, Quantitative forecasting
Microsoft Office Suite, Quick Books, Great Plains Dynamics
Available upon request