999 Main Street
Any Town, NY 99999
To find a best fit opportunity that will employ my experience and aptitude at problem solving, ability to communicate effectively, attention to detail, knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), organizational skills, ability to think creatively to find answers, and computer skills. This job will offer opportunities for growth, as well as a great environment that supports learning, professional, and personal development.
Feb 08- ABC Inc.
Jr. Staff Accountant
- expenses for contracts to the city, county, state and federal governments.
- Monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts to ACCPAC software.
- Preparing and coding of daily bank deposits.
- Participating in the agency-wide Facilities and Safety committee.
Oct 06 – Feb 08, XYZ Corp.
- Created new reports for General Ledger reconciling that reduced work time
- Used Pivot Tables to reduce time spent on Bank Reconciliations.
- Work with Managers to support their understanding of accounting issues.
- Work with Non-profit accounting reconciling bank accounts, general ledger and distribution accounts.
- Work with managers to get data input to correct accounts for many departments.
- Produce monthly sales tax report, budget reports and film contract royalties.
- Produce monthly reports for Teachers Science program including budgets and pivot tables.
- Do daily deposits of checks and cash. Clean up old general ledger problems and remove inactive accounts. System being used is Great Plains-Dynamics and Excel.
Oct 05 – Oct 06, BCD Inc.
- Led the monthly close process for finished goods inventory, including the reconciliation of the perpetual ledger to the general ledger.
- Performed calculations for inventory reserves and write-downs.
- Investigated and reconciled inventory purchase price variances.
- Worked with the Information Services team to develop or modify inventory reporting tools as needed.
- schedules for SEC reporting purposes and submitted consolidated financial information to corporate departments as part of the monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes.
Skills and Software
- Lead teams of 10 and more
- High Volume accounts payable
- Expert level skills with Excel
- Great Plains
- Oracle 12i
- Peach tree
- Quick Books Pro (expert level)
2001 – University of New York – New York, NY.
2004 BS. Business Administration
- Emphasis in Management and Finance
- Minor in Economics
Earned the rank of Eagle Scout within the Boy Scouts of America at age 16 while holding numerous leadership positions.