999 Main Street, Any Town, NY 99999
, HARD-WORKING AND TECHNICALLY SKILLED ACCOUNTANT known for accuracy, attention to detail and timeliness in managing disbursement functions for diverse-industry employers. Accountant career spans 25 years of experience in manufacturing, health care, radio and other industries and has included accountability for the processing of up to 20,000 invoices Accounts Payable ($1M) per month, General ledger closing and balancing, Processing over (1M) per month in Accounts receivable as well as supervising Payroll and HR. Backed by solid credentials (BS in accounting) and proficiencies in generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP) as well as MS Office Suite, SAP, and many others.
- Accounts Payable Processes & Management
- Invoices, Expense Reports And Payment Transactions
- Corporate Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Accounts Receivable , Credit and Collections
- Vendor Negotiations & Management
- Annual Budget
- Records Organization & Management
- Journal Entries & General Ledger
- Team building & Staff Supervision
- Spreadsheets & Accounting Reports
ABC Inc., Any Town, NY
Accountant, 7/03 to 10/08
- Reviewed and approved citywide cash and journal vouchers to ensure compliance with GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), codes, ordinances and accounting system FMS (Financial Management System). Processed month-end closing. Provided customer services and resolve issues.
- Prepared financial reports. Managed inventories of Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports and single audit reports.
- Developed and prepared $16.7 million FY 08-09 budget for a division of Office of Economic Department (OED), by analyzing FY 07-08 actual budget performed, forecasting FY 08-09 budget needs, and figuring out FY 08-09 budget via Excel spreadsheets with complex and formulated data linking spreadsheets together.
- Administrated the WIA (Workforce Investment Act, a federal grant) program budgets by creating and maintaining budget tracking files and encumbrance records, reviewing and approving fund requests, and defining the visible codes.
- Reviewed and approved payments to suppliers and contractors as well as reimbursements to employees.
- Managed audit processes to contractors by reviewing their single reports, conducting fiscal monitoring visits, developing and preparing audit documents and reports, and evaluating their performance by quality index system.
- Developed and presented cost analysis, budget vs. actual analysis and program analysis with recommendations.
XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY
Accountant, 4/02 to 5/03
- Reconciled twenty SBL’s revenue accounts and analyze deferred revenue for the Revenue recognition process.
- Analyzed and prorated straight-lining prepaid rent for the Company’s five showrooms.
- Compiled the Audit Report Package for year-end Auditing Procedures.
- Property and City tax assessments and setting of procedures to payments of taxes.
- Analyzed, maintained, recorded and amortized the acquisition of Capital and Fix Assets.
- Responsible for the procurement of goods and services and issuance of Purchase Orders on behalf of the company.
- Becker CPA Review Course – CPA sitting. (scored upper one-third of the grading scale).
BCD Inc., Any Town, NY
Staff Accountant, 4/98 to 2/02
- Reconcile all 24 bank accounts including the 4 major accounts (money market, checking, and lock box). Report findings to Accounting Manager and Corporate Controller.
- Ensure ACH, wire transfers, miscellaneous Bank debits and credits are posted before month close.
- Prepare Employee Receivable Report for payroll department deductions
- Prepare Profit and Loss Analysis on all GL accounts, report inconsistent classifications of expenses for re class.
- aged item reports outlining 90+ day outstanding checks on invoices
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN DIEGO
Bachelor of Science in Accounting, 1984
National Association of Black Accountants
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Windows (all) and other Accounting programs