Accountant with over 10 years industry experience.
- Financial Statements
- Bank Reconciliations
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Treasury Management
- Cost of Goods
- Inventory Management
- Individual and Corporate Taxation
Applications, Operating Systems and Databases:
- MS Access 97-2007
- MS PowerPoint 97-2007
- SAP Accounting System
- Windows 2003 Professional
- MS Publisher 97-2007
- Windows 95/98-ME-2000/2003
- MS Outlook 98-2007
- Great Plains
- MS Word 97-2007
- Quick books
- People soft
- MS Excel 97-2007
- JD Edwards
ABC Inc. 02/09 – 12/09
- Maintained Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable filing systems, filled Ledgers and kept track of output and input Value Added Taxes.
- Was responsible for Fixed Assets accounting; depreciation calculations and Deferrals.
- Managed and tracked inventory, prepared periodic and quarterly inventory reports.
- Prepared various journal entries for the period-end closing.
- Assisted Chief Accountant with various tasks including financial closing, preparation of financial statements and tax returns.
- Maintained VAT account and prepared Tax Returns.
- Resolved discrepancies and performed periodic and quarterly accounts reconciliation.
- Was responsible for the timely and accurate payment of rent in accordance with .
- Negotiated payments from outstanding accounts.
- Researched aged invoices and statements; managed vendor-relations.
XYZ Corp. 05/08 – 02/09
- Supervise 2 AP Clerks & PR Clerks – trained 2 other accountants of other divisions.
- Manage investors payments, amortization schedules, and trust deeds.
- Prepare combined quarterly and year-end financial statements for multiple entities.
- Create and manage bank accounts for multiple entities – prepare weekly cash report.
- Post inter-company transfer, journal entries, HUD settlements into Quick books.
- Assemble, maintain and analyze budgets for each development.
- Prepare tax returns for entities – account for book-tax differences, prepare 1099-INTs.
- Ad hoc reports for Controller, CFO, and Division President.
BCD Inc. 01/08 – 4/08
- General Ledger accountant for a logistics company offering Truckload and Less than Load services nationwide.
- General Ledger accountant for eight subsidiary companies including transportation, warehousing and distribution, leasing, holding, ocean freight, management and administrative services.
- Responsible for all bank, line of credit and loan reconciliations.
- Preparation of all PBC lists for independent CPA firm review.
- Prepare and submit 1099 information for all companies.
- Responsible for all property tax filings for all companies.
- Preparation of all monthly, quarterly and year end financial reports for executive review.
- Maintain DMV files for Transportation Company’s truck and trailer fleet.
- Internal auditor for AP, AR and PR functions for all companies.
- Assisted in setup of e-billing and e-payment with various carriers to expedite AR, AP timeframe.
- analysis and research for executive committee.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
University of Texas – BBA Summa Cum Laude
Angelo State University – MBA Summa Cum Laude