, results oriented and strategic thinking analyst seeking a challenging opportunity with a company where my qualifications and experience can be used and developed to their fullest potential
- MBA in Finance; Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Level I Candidate
- 5 years of results-oriented experience in business and financial analysis and research
- Advanced skills in Excel, Access, SQL Query, PowerPoint, Visio, IBM Lotus Notes, SPSS
- Detail-oriented worker with strong quantitative analysis, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong database literacy and analytical research skills in Factiva, Valueline, LexisNexis, Bloomberg
- Creative team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Language: English, Chinese dialects and some college Japanese courses
Assistant Officer 06/2006 – Present
- Prepare entries to accounts, make vouchers and reconcile accounts.
- Prepare Profit & Loss A and c, Balance Sheet, monthly closing accounting reports.
- Prepare payroll sheet to employees and pension to .
- Account payable, Invest miscellaneous funds of the bank, weekly bank reconciliation.
- Performs miscellaneous book keeping works as necessary.
Credit Manager 2005 – 2006
- Assessed, evaluated and approved new credit applicants for credit accounts.
- Supervised junior staff oversaw Accounts Receivable and signed off on sales invoices.
- Continuously analysed and monitored monthly debtors to revenue ratio.
- Reconciled payments received and deposited, computed sales rep commissions.
- Liaised with external debt collectors and legal department in pursuit of delinquent customers.
Senior Auditor 2003 – 2004
- Responsible for all phases of the audit process including planning and leading audits, providing guidance to other professional staff, and ensuring the completeness, accuracy and objectivity of audit assignments.
- Prepared reconciliations for balance sheet accounts, profit and loss analysis and month end journals.
- Prepared financial statements (incl. consolidated statements for the holding group) and Audit Reports.
- Ensured companies were in compliance with the Australian Accounting Standards.
- Ensured US subsidiaries complied with Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
- Reviewed the reliability and integrity of financial and operating information and the means used to identify measure, classify, and report such information.
- Reviewed the systems established to ensure compliance with those policies, plans, procedures, laws, regulations, and contracts that could have had a significant impact on operations and reports, and determined whether the area under review was in compliance.
- Reviewed operations or programs to ascertain whether results were consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations or programs were being carried out as planned.
- Interacted with management and staff of assigned audit areas throughout the audit process; such as conducting preliminary interviews, presenting audit comments, and conducting audit exit conferences.
- Performed various internal audit reviews (risk and controls related) for clients and provided necessary reports and feedback.
- Drafted audit reports to Senior Management and the Audit Committee.
- Coached staff auditors in auditing techniques such as conducting fieldwork and documenting work papers.
- Reviewed and reported risks and exceptions around general control, information protection and Segregation of Duties (SOD).
of Relational Database Management, UCLA In Progress
Master of Business Administration in Finance, Washington University, St. Louis 2004
Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology, Shanghai Institution of Physical Education 1998 Associate of Arts in English Language and Culture, Duke University 2001
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT & LEADERSHIP
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Level I Candidate, CFA Institute
Vice President, MBA Association of California State University, Los Angeles 2002-2004
Licensed Accountant, the Accounting & Finance Department of China 2001
- Equity Analyst, Graduate Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant 2002 – 2004
Golden Eagle Opportunity Fund, CSULA School of Business
- Performed extensive industry and company analysis, industry fundamental research
- Collected and integrated pertinent information, performed analysis of economic and market trends
- Collected, analyzed and maintained portfolio holdings, benchmarks and market data
- Produced reports and presentations pertaining to portfolio risk, return attribution, product profitability, and portfolio construction
- Fund shows a total return of 74% as January, 2003 (S&P 36%)
- Graduate Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant 2002 – 2004
Finance and Law Dept., CSULA
- Assisted in teaching database literature classes to graduate level students
- Assisted in teaching visitor scholars programs in the Asian Pacific Business Institute, CSULA
- Internet research, economic data and business and industry fundamental information collecting
- Assistant Editor, ACME International Conference on Pacific Rim Management, July 2003, Seattle, WA
- Coordinator and interpreter, Asian Pacific Business Institute, CSULA Management Productivity Center
Participated in International conference and academic seminar; major topics included:
- “Impacts of Globalization on the Current Asia Economy”;
- “The American Education System”;
- “Total Quality Control and Strategic Management”;
- “E-Businesses and internet in China”;
- “Emerging Market in Asia-Pacific region”;
- “Tourism and Hospitality Industry Management”;
- YMCA volunteer swimming coach for autistic children
- Participate in the annual MS Walk fundraising for autoimmune disease research and services programs
Professional references with appropriate telephone numbers will be furnished upon request