999 Main Street
Any Town, NY 99999
ABC Inc., Any Town, NY
Accountant, June 2004-July 2009
- monthly inventory valuation reports for all materials; monitors & update material pricing for control purposes.
- Post invoices to vendors accounts in Accounts Payable; ensures that invoices are supported with signed receivers or pick tickets as proof of receipt of goods; posts materials received to each inventory category which is linked to the inventory report.
- Reconciles vendors & customers accounts.
- A posts customer payment to Accounts Receivables, making sure payments are applied properly and correctly to specific customer invoices; make General Journal entries for adjustments when necessary.
- Follow up collections of accounts receivables; coordinates with clients to ensure requirements are complete and submitted timely so that payments are accordingly and are received on schedule.
- Handles Defect Cases – claims by clients arising from defects; determine if company is actually involved or responsible for the defect which is the subject of a complaint filed against the company; search for job files to be used as evidence, should there be a case; check if the job is covered by insurance and material warranties; notify insurance carriers of a claim and submit documentations as required by them and the lawyers assigned by the insurance carrier to handle the case.
- Assists the Accounting Supervisor in preparing Proposals for customers, and processing billings for the job or the work done.
- Assists the Controller in preparation of various reports such as monthly Bank Reconciliations, Fixed Assets Inventory Report, Payroll Tax Report, and others as needed.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned to me by the Controller and the Accounting Supervisor from time to time.
XYZ Corp., Any Town, NY
Accountant, October 1995-January 2004
- Computerized existing manual accounting system and brought all functions in house.
- Prepared monthly bank reconciliations, journal entries, and general ledger to closing and financial statements.
- Supervised Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Processed payroll, prepared quarterly payroll tax returns and monthly sales tax returns.
BCD Inc., Any Town, NY
Bookkeeper, January 1995-October 1995
- Decreased reporting errors in the Cash, AR and AP accounts and made the information accessible to management and company owners by creating Excel spreadsheets.
- Saved the company money by meeting the Corporate tax deadline.
- thousands of dollars by canceling the coverage of several terminated, non-COBRA employees.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
University of Texas, Austin
Associate in Applied Science: Accounting 1994
Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) Traverse Payroll, ADP PC Payroll, Lotus 123, Quicken, QuickBooks, Lotus Notes, Internet, E-mail.